// Feedback on the New Madina
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: No,please don't eat me. I have a wife and kids,eat them. - Homer
Poll
Question: What do you think?
It's...interesting! - 13 (65%)
I hate it! - 1 (5%)
I'm not sure yet! - 2 (10%)
It's...interesting! - 4 (20%)
It looks the same! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback on the New Madina  (Read 10187 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: Dec 24, 2007 08:17 AM »

salaam

So what do you guys think? Anything to add or remove? New smileys? Avatars? New forums, old forums? Things you miss from the old board?

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2007 08:28 PM »

As salaamu alaykum Admin!
Just replied to MF's post in the parenting section.... a long post... took me about 30 min to write.
When i hit post... it said log in, which i was already, ....when i did...my post vanished.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Anwar
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2007 08:53 PM »

Wsalam

That list of the last 5 threads is very handy. The one you had in the bottom. Plus This is a nice smiley  purplehijabisis lol.

It's as good as it gets  Smiley

Alhamdulillah.

- A
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2007 10:03 PM »

Sr Kathy, that sux I knew that was going to happen to someone. If that happens you should click on back, and control-c the text. then login again and post the text again. When you login it will ask how long you want to login so if you put 60 minutes, after 60 minutes it automatically logs you out.

(A good thing to do for any posting online is if you type something very long or important is to control-c your text so it stays in memory in case anything happens in posting. Then you can always paste it back if you need it again!!) 

I just changed the login session time so hopefully that will help too.

anwar: i didn't add the 5 latest threads because i think people only check that every so often and don't bother to read anything else.
Marcie
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Marcie has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2007 12:58 AM »

peace be upon you  Sister Kathy,

I have the same problem, with my email.  I have learned to always copy my text, so if I get logged out, I can just paste the text in a new email.  That seems less complicated than Jannah's suggestion, but I must admit I am really not a wiz at the computer.  Embarrassed

:wsalam:

Marcie  purplehijabisis
timbuktu
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2007 05:09 PM »

peace be upon you

It is good, enough of the old one to keep me from wandering off, and enough of new to discover.

Here is something for you to do. Remove the extra g from:

Inspiration Falls
 Englightening quotes, stories, forwards, reflections, creative writing to inspire others.
Admin
Administrator

Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2007 05:44 AM »

wsalaam,

d'oh thanx for that! i've fixed it now!
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2008 04:30 PM »

Salaam,

Nothing to constructive to add right yet as I'm still trying to figure out what all the forums are for. Perhaps there are too many sections??? Or is it just me?

-Marcia
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2008 10:30 AM »

Wsalaam,

Yes there are a lot of sections, not all are used yet, but I think it's there so we can expand. The other board was just 8 boards and there was like nowhere to go! These are like little rooms and if people are interested they can wander to the different ones Smiley
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2008 10:20 PM »

wsalam,

don't be an old 'bah humbug' man. at least people are posting. be thankful for that!
simply_sister
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
simply_sister has no influence :(

Allahu Akbar !!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2008 04:32 PM »

wsalam,

peace be upon you

Sorry dude this edition sucks, liked the old one better,
but thats just me I guess
 :wsalam:

iagree ... lol ... I was just afraid to be the first to say it  Undecided

I really liked the feel of the other edition:
It had a warmer feeling to me & a little more user friendly on this end ...
** I miss the main/home page **

(but I'm trying to give it time ... seeing if it will grow on me a little)

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2008 04:40 PM »

iagree ... lol ... I was just afraid to be the first to say it  Undecided

I really liked the feel of the other edition:
It had a warmer feeling to me & a little more user friendly on this end ...
** I miss the main/home page **

(but I'm trying to give it time ... seeing if it will grow on me a little)

hmm that's funny cuz you only posted once on the old board back in june 2007 ?!!

it might have been "warmer" and "friendlier" because only 3 people were posting. lol.  this board has a lot more features and potential for the future. i'd like to go back to a time where there were no mobile phones and we had friendly corner stores that sold two items too, but times change, the world grows and so do we. we can't go back, but we can look to the future so any suggestions on how to make it warmer and friendlier would be helpful.

jazaks Smiley

lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2008 04:46 PM »

salaam,

I find in my 'professional opinion', Doctors are resistant to change. I see it all the time here at the hospital! Smiley Sorry Bro, you made this one too easy! You know I love you! Don't hate. But seriously, I still think that there are a lot of mini sections that probably won't get used. Let's see though- you never know. Plus people may get bored and want to 'travel' about. Let time tell.

peace

Anwar
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2008 04:52 PM »

peace be upon you

It's funny because I actually like the new look much better than the old one. More simple and less cramped, so it's easier to maneuver through. Plus everything is categorized instead of one big box crammed full of smileys and arabic text.

I guess I'm a sucker for efficiency  Grin
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 22
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2008 09:41 PM »

As-Salaamu `alaykum, 

Congratulation on the new look guys, it really looks nice Masha`Allah:)

However, I think that there are too many sections as well ... perhaps we can work on that instead insha`Allah. 

Btw, are you planning to put "Welcome to the Madina!" announcement back up on the front page?

W`salaam.

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2008 06:03 PM »

At first it was overwhelming and I thought I was not going to like it at all, but its actually growing on me!  I like how the main page does not have too many choices and the subcategories are actually manageable once you get used to them.
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2008 10:01 PM »

Asalamualaikum!

Personally I love it!

t is good, enough of the old one to keep me from wandering off, and enough of new to discover
I completely agree..
I really like how you categorized everything ,it seems more organized and simple and because of the categories the mind give sbirth to whole new ideas for topics/posts.

ok i wanted to know can anon only write in the anon section now?....what if anon has a reply to some other topic in another section?

one thing I ddint like was the sisters and brothers only just because I noticed when we let ea other go to ea others rooms alot of guys replied on the sisters section on womans issues because of experience from wives/sisters ect and vice versa.. so sometimez i would be hesitant to write a sisters issue on sisters only because i know the brothers can also might have good input due to the experince of thier wives and sistes

ok another thing i dont like the mandatory intro! well actually i do for new members but notus ole members ...as you see im avoiding it as much as i can . comeon everyone knows us already !!! if they dont, they will thru our posts

ok salaam and jazak Allahu kair
you did a good joband im overall really happy w the new board!
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2008 10:04 PM »

salaam

in the old board you had option to either go to page 1, 2 , or all.. is there no all here? i really miss the all
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2008 10:59 PM »

wsalaam,

I forgot about the "all". I'll look around to see if that's an option somewhere. I don't think this one has it, but it has the 1..2..3 pages.

We haven't gotten around to putting up the "anonymous posting" for any thread. For now the Anonymous board is completely anonymous for anyone to write anything they like there.

The brothers and sisters room will be completely separate soon inshaAllah.

As for introductions, there's just no compromise on that. Introductions are mandatory. It isn't fair that a new person comes in and has to do it and an "old" person doesn't have to or vice versa. It's also not fair that some people do it and others don't. So everyone does it. Everyone knows each other. That's fair.   shaykh
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2008 11:27 PM »

salaam i forgot to put my smiley wink when i wrote about the intro comment....

hmm i think they sister and brother is already separate? Im not sure if you understood what I was saying.. I was sayng that I  dont like sister and brother only board.. I liked it when we could go to ea others board just because if I have a sisters type issue I wouldnt just want sisters to answer because i know that brothers can also give good feedback due to their expereinces with their wives and sisters and female relatives.
But then again you have other places we can put it if we want bros to answer too so its not a big issue
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2008 06:14 AM »

salaam

if we reply to anon we also become anon?Huh? me confused
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Jan 15, 2008 10:02 PM »

salaam so I really miss that one chat you use to have in the bottom of the page... its eazier than going toone in a room ....i liked annoucing what i made/ how i felt ect.. people wrote some funny stuff their also
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Jan 22, 2008 09:46 PM »

salaam..so ne chance that we are getting that old chat back (my announcement page Tongue) that goes in the bottom of the main page?
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2008 04:12 AM »

ws, nope not this with this version, maybe the next one.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #24 on: Jun 24, 2008 11:23 AM »

i'm late!

but there are so many sections and i'm so confused.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: