// Do you have any suggestions for random quotes?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Allah does not open the heart of a servant if it still contains three things: loving to remain [in the world], love of wealth, and concern about tomorrow." - Sahl Al-Tustari
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have any suggestions for random quotes?  (Read 16533 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009 11:10 PM »

salam

A lovely sister I recently met, sent me this quote.

"Those who joyfully leave everything in Allah's hands will see Allahs hands in everything they do & all worries end where faith begin" (Q65 Vrs 2-3)

I feel I should have it painted above my door, it fits my temperament perfectly!!! Cheesy

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2009 04:06 AM »

salaam

To Jannah: girl you got me on a never ending roll...well here goes:

"We have a gang mentality. Anyone who makes up their mind before they hit an issue is a fool. Everybody is so busy wanting getting down with liberal or conservative. It's stupid. Be a person, LISTEN. Let it swirl around your head. Then form your own opinion. No normal decent person is one thing. I got some things I'm conservative about, there are some things I'm liberal about." - Chris Rock

"Allah multiplied ten times one of your blessings. Qur'an full of wisdom answered thousands of questions. Muhammed (PBUH) soon to show us the way, follow the direction." - One.Be.Lo

"If you chill too much, you might end up thawing out in the Hell-Fire" - Imam Suhaib Webb

"The ink of a scholar is worth more than the blood of a martyr." - The Prophet Muhammad (May Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)

“O mankind! We have created you from a single (pair) of male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may know one another (not that you may hate each other). Surely, the most honorable of you, in the Sight of Allah is (he, who is) the most righteous of you. Verily, Allah is Often Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (Qur'an 49:13)

"Oh God, You are my Lord, there is no God but You. You created me, and I am Your servant. I uphold Your covenant and Your promise to the best of my ability. I seek refuge in You from the faults of my own doings. You have showered upon me, and I acknowledge my shortcomings. So forgive me, for indeed, none forgives sins except You." - Sayyid al-Istighfar (Prayer for Forgiveness)

"Anyone who does not participate in the political process is a fool." - Malcolm X

“Now the judgment of God is upon us, and we must either learn to live together as brothers or we are all going to perish together as fools.” - MLK Jr.

"The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of an eye, the more you shine light on it the more it constricts"
    Olliver Wendell Holmes

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009 04:10 AM »

"The mere habit of learning to love is the thing."-Jane Austen

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
~ Dumbly-dorr

“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." ~ Van Gogh

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?" ~ Mahatma Ghandi

" The likeness of my Ahlul-Bayt amongst my Ummah is similar to Noah's Ark. Those who embarked it were rescued and those who rejected it perished. " ~ The Holy Prophet (pbuh)

" If a prayerful person knew to what extent he was surrounded by His Mercy, he would never raise his head from the state of prostration. " ~ Imam Amir-ul-Mumineen Ali (as)
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009 04:58 AM »

Never let success get to your head
and never let failure get to your heart.

lifes not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about getting out there and dancing in the rain

*Life is tough, but you got to be tougher*

"Football mixes strength, speed and deception with a simple elegance that can steal your breath."

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you cant handle me at my worst then you sure as hell dont deserve me at my best' - Marylin Monroe

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009 05:07 AM »

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

"A man falls in love through his eyes, a woman through her ears."
-Woodrow Wyatt

"You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
-Aristotle
UBAB
Bro

UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009 09:33 PM »

On chances of winning the lottery...

The last time I turned up a winning ticket the friendly vendor said to me "Good morning Sir, may I see your license and registration please?"

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
danz
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
danz has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Jul 04, 2009 07:08 AM »

True love is like ghosts..which everyone talks about,but few have seen..

When some blessings come to you, do not drive them away through thanklessness....Imam Ali (a.s)
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #32 on: Jul 14, 2009 07:24 PM »

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization”. George Carlin

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #33 on: Jul 14, 2009 07:29 PM »

Life is full of death. How do human beings constantly overlook this ironic state of affairs? Strange. Azhar Usman 

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #34 on: Jul 14, 2009 07:41 PM »

It's ironic that in our culture everyone's biggest complaint is about not having enough time; yet nothing terrifies us more than the thought of eternity." - Dennis Miller

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #35 on: Apr 07, 2010 10:03 PM »

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who Is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost invariably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And if he is not romantic personally, he is apt to spread discontent among those who are."

Henry Louis Mencken

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Apr 07, 2010 10:30 PM »

" do you want to talk to the man in charge, or to the woman who knows what's going on!"...

Smiley

" if u like me, raise ur hands, if not, raise your standards" ....

Smiley
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #37 on: Sep 16, 2010 06:18 AM »

'I'm pretty, but not beautiful. I sin but I'm not the devil. I'm good but not an angel' - Marilyn Monroe
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2012 06:58 AM »

You know you really love someone, when, out of all the people you could be with in jennah...you just want to be with them. -- Yasmin Mogahed

She also has a great blog of excellent articles so check it out! http://www.yasminmogahed.com/category/yasmin-online-journal/
afsa
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
afsa has no influence :(

« Reply #39 on: Jan 30, 2012 06:49 AM »

"A dog that barks over a dead lion is not brave!"

"The roar of a lion is not enough to kill its own prey."

"It’s so shameful to fall over the same rock twice."

khadija13
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
khadija13 has no influence :(

« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2012 03:27 PM »

Submission to Allah’s Will is the best companion; wisdom is the noblest heritage; theoretical and practical knowledge are the best signs of distinction; deep thinking will present the clearest picture of every problem.
ALI (AS)

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: