// why understand the Quran
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Three blessings in Tribulation: 'first, the tribulation could have been worse; second, it was in worldly matters and not in the spiritual ones; and third it came in the finite world and not the infinite one. All three are reasons to thank Allah even for tribulations. - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: why understand the Quran  (Read 1798 times)
timbuktu
« on: Feb 13, 2009 06:32 PM »

peace be upon you

The Quran is for all mankind, particularly the Muslims. The Arabic of the Quran is not the colloquial spoken in the Arab world.

Most Muslims are unfortunately illiterate, hence unable to read the Quran. For the majority of those who are literate, the mother-tongue, or even the national language,  is not Arabic. Even if they have been taught the Arabic script, the majority does not read the Quran. Majority of those who do read it, cannot understand it. Those who can understand it, do not reflect upon it. Those who do reflect, fail to act upon it. Majority of those who do try to implement it in their lives, do not make the effort to spread it.

Yet it is most important to understand the Quran.

I attach a .ppt file. To go to the next page in the presentation, you have to click with your mouse, or apply a little pressure on your touchpad, or press <enter>

I hope, insha`Allah, to add three .wmv files where you can hear and see the presenter make this introduction. This is part of the free course run by http://www.understandquran.org and it is worth visisting that site and downloading various files.
timbuktu
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2009 08:39 PM »

peace be upon you

I apologize for not having put up the .wmv files as promised. My modem was out for 8 days, and now I have discovered that the computer is slow. I cannot understand the reason. Anyway, the .wmv files do not upload. Perhaps they are too big for this slow computer. If and when I find a solution, I will insha`Allah give these here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: