Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Mecca - circa 2020  (Read 2632 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Feb 13, 2009 07:56 PM »

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Mecca any more"

You can't make this stuff up ... see the picture below of the City of Mecca - Circa 2020

New Mecca - the new prayer space around the kaba will include nearly leveling the nearest *mountain* - Building Condo-style apartment towers to try and reduce the number of tents!

Please - no hate mail towards me for posting

For more pictures =  http://forum.mpacuk.org/showthread.php?p=522505

Mosque expansion to change face of Mecca
by Lynne Roberts
Thursday, 10 January 2008

GRAND EXPANSION: Development of Mecca’s Grand Mosque will create space for an additional 500,000 worshippers.Expansion of the Grand Mosque will create space for an additional 500,000 worshippers and “change the face of Mecca”, according to the city’s mayor.

Up to 1,000 properties over an area of 300,000 square meters will be demolished to make way for more prayer space on the northern and northwestern parts of the mosque, Saudi daily Arab News reported.

The government has allocated $1.6bn in compensation for the buildings, which will be demolished within 60 days.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2009 09:13 PM »

I think NewMakkah won't take untill 2020 to appear. It's appearing as we speak. Currently they've demolished a mountain to the side of the haram and are now going to build this huge interconnected hotel system. Here's a picture of the billboard there now that announced it will be ready in 670 days. Modernity is great...but I feel like there was a better way they could have modernized Makkah without taking away from it's holiness.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: