// PPls i need u help... new jannah.org
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Those who Know they do not Know that to Know is to Know what they do not Know!  - (Aveccina) Ali Sina
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PPls i need u help... new jannah.org  (Read 6836 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 17, 2009 09:47 AM »

salams,

i have this week off and i want to update the front page of jannah.org... yeah i know i haven't updated it since 1995...so now's the time!!!

anyone have any suggestions/ideas/concepts??

i mean if u opened up a site called jannah.org what would you want to see??

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009 11:02 AM »

Salaams,

i mean if u opened up a site called jannah.org what would you want to see??

Hmm... May be 1] A form for advance booking of my 72 virgins ?

And among other things:

2] A step by step guide on how to reach jannah (eden)

3] Guide to explore different wonders of jannah (site)

4] How to make your life on earth easier and serene as it would be in jannah (articles)

etcetera

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009 02:38 PM »

Just design-wise... something simple, clean and fresh.  I like the green in the parenting section btw!!
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2009 06:27 PM »

'HOlla', I"m off this week too. We shouldve planned something. Bah, today is my tax day anyway. My tax guy has called already 2 times.

Let's see, I always liked the butterflies. Perhaps though, we have moved past that. I second , Justone (lol- get it). Cleaner, a bit crisper and streamlined. What does that mean though?

Something a bit more calming. Less going on.... Maybe not in black?

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2009 08:09 PM »

wsalam,

great ideas u guys... i found this nice blog layout that i liked (in green just one!) and it's very streamlined and simple (lala!) and what i want to do is have the background change every time you load the page with like one of the nature pics from the retreat or islamic pictures or something.. i thought that'd be cool. so i'll see if i can implement it inshaAllah!

i was remembering what my first homepage looked like...it was like a page of links...ahhh the good ole days Wink

k thanx for the ideas.. hard2hit those are nice ideas about content i might actually put a little link to a "description of jannah" on the front page..
timbuktu
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009 05:31 AM »

peace be upon you

a few thoughts on the new design:

Here are my thoughts. You will probably disagree with them, but these are based on real difficulties I have had.

First of all, anything for use of the public should be convenient. You have a lot of visitors from all ages and backgrounds. Flashing and gaudy colors will only hamper and discourage some. And don't forget, one day you will also grow old and face some difficulty.

Second, changing the background for a change of section is not such a good idea. It would require image retrieval from your server, and many people have older and slower computers, which may make it even slower for them, and may be discourage them further.

Third, it is good practice to have a brand image. Even if you decide on changing the background, the header should not occupy too much of the screen, and the jannah.org logo should be prominently displayed.

Forth, the color scheme should be very practical. I haven't mentioned it before, but on some sections of the present board, my cursor disappears completely, and I type in the dark, as it were. The letters become visible after typing, and until then I do not know where my cursor is.

Finally, may I request a separate place for posting Historical and Archeological videos and articles, not necessarily Islamic ones.

Just my 2 paisas, or rather since paisas do not exist any more, perhaps two rupees would be better.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009 06:04 PM »

Bro timbuktu, I think jannah is referring to the main jannah.org page not the message board... although i think the "brand" advice is really good.  Like picking a logo and picking a color or two as your consistent color scheme would be awesome.

Maybe instead of changing the background, you should have a constant slideshow of pictures in one corner of the website - might be better for visibility purposes?

Also, you have these artistic margins on every link as you open them up -- very nice... for 1998 Smiley

Good luck!!  Can't wait to see the new website!
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2009 07:17 PM »

Forth, the color scheme should be very practical. I haven't mentioned it before, but on some sections of the present board, my cursor disappears completely, and I type in the dark, as it were. The letters become visible after typing, and until then I do not know where my cursor is.

I've had the same problem!!  Especially in the Film and Tv Review section, it's really frustrating actually.  I don't know if it can be sorted in any way...

wasalaam 

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2009 09:37 AM »

wsalam,

i updated the front page with a new layout and things. i wanted to make it very simple and try to integrate more of the forums with it and updated content.

don't forget to check out the about jannah and about jannah.org sections.. i added some nice photos that can be used as desktop backgrounds Smiley

ps i changed the input background color on the film and tv board so u should be able to type.. i didn't realize ppl needed to see the cursor??
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Feb 23, 2009 11:49 AM »

ps i changed the input background color on the film and tv board so u should be able to type.. i didn't realize ppl needed to see the cursor??

Great  Smiley.  Haven't tried it out yet but insha'Allaah it'll be easier.

Yeah, I found it really difficult when I had to go back and delete something because of a typo, and because there was no cursor, I had to blindly take a stab and ended up deleting bits of other words which I hadn't needed to delete. So it became like a guessing game!

Smiley 

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
timbuktu
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2009 02:53 PM »

peace be upon you

I didn 't realise it was for the main page. Goes to show how I miss even the express details.

Nice new jannah.org there.

The font is too small on my set resolution, though. Can an "increase font size" button be put there?

On the about jannah page, may we have links on the side for the different sections/paragraphs you have sorted the page into.

e.g.

The Creation of Jannah
The Gates of Jannah
Jannah - Never imagined by a Human-being
The Rivers of Jannah

etc.

clicking on the links taking us to the relevant section.

and although the sound of the waterfall is OK, maybe a beautiful recitation of short Surah?

Now for the message board. What about my request for a separate "Archeological and Historical" Board?
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2009 04:21 PM »

Salaams Y'all,

Wow! me likes the new theme of the main page, as well as the halfmydeen page ... perhaps we can have the same theme here at the Madina Forum:)

Just a thought!

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
timbuktu
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2009 05:01 PM »

peace be upon you

well the new Chai cafe getup is pretty, and practical. I like it.
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2009 07:55 PM »

LOVE the new jannah frontpage, it's so soothing and simple and fresh =)

I don't like the Chai cafe...but then again you'll always get a few grumblers whatever you do  oldshaykh

Wassalam
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2009 06:31 PM »

As-salaamu`alaykum,

Masha'Allah, I simply love the Reflections & Writings theme!!!
Jannah this should be our official theme;)

bebzi

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2009 12:26 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I have to agree with Sr Siham, the Reflections & Writings theme is really beautiful.

i didn't realize ppl needed to see the cursor??

This made me chuckle...ermmm yeah!!

Do people really type without wondering where the cursor is??? I'm glad I wasn't the only one having trouble in that forum!!  bro

Overall, a thumbs up on the changes.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2009 05:28 PM »

I like it.  The soothing green colour which is nature's theme.  The quick links - simplistic and fast!

The "What's new?" Halfmydeen.org - A Forum on Marriage in Islam. Especially the review of and background into materimonal sites.

Inspite of the limitation into some sections for oldies like me, yeah, good!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2009 08:22 PM »

ws,

on higher resolutions every font is going to be smaller. i just got a 22in screen and everythings tiny!! probably very bad for the eyes. the best thing to do is use the browsers View> Increase font or whatever option there is in every browser to make the size bigger. There's probably some way to do it permanently too.

clickable sections good idea... but would take too much time on my end right now.  about the waterfall sound, i thought of quran but i think if you're reading something to have the "quran sound" in the background isn't very appropriate.

archaelogical and historical please use the "islamic history" board... even though it says "islamic" that means everything just like "islamic poetry" board means all forms of poetry not just "islamic"

jazaks for the feedback!!
ws

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: