Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 02:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: To biryani, or not to biryani.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fashion Files [for Sisters]  (Read 20285 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 18, 2007 05:54 AM »

Salam,

This is a continuation from the Fashion Files @ the old Madina: http://www.jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=147.0 and Hijabi Fashion: http://www.jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=2468.0 Posting here so guest sisters can see them too and hopefully join!

If you have something against fashion please don't view this thread. Thanks.

One of my favorites:
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:15 PM »

Some stuff I had on my computer. Can't remember if they were posted before or not. Anyway enjoy  bebzi

(move the slider at the end of the post to see all of the first one)

Oh the last one here is one of those celebrity venue things... how gorgeous faint !!

Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:33 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

You know I enjoy looking at the fashion files.  Some have me wanting to know where I can get it, others have me laughing and the rest have me thinking "and just where am I going in that?"  or "why did anyone design that?".  I do the same thing when I go out shopping; there are some things that are sooooo ugly.  I'm usually one that says I can make anything work and am always looking for a bargain but there are some things that I wouldn't want to make work not even on a dare nor no matter how deeply discounted it is.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:46 PM »

wsalam faizah,

Yeah that's the thing about fashion. That's what it is:  crazy, outrageous, beautiful, fun, impractical. One person's beautiful might be another person's hideous. So I don't expect anyone to walk around wearing ^ that stuff even to sisters parties... it's like the ideas you know... interesting. Like when people watch a couture show. NO ONE wears that stuff, but it sets the trends and when you see next season's real working women's fashions you can see the influence.

Think of it as looking at a abstract painting. Or a foreign film. At the end you're like What The??? what was that, but it was fascinating nevertheless wasn't it Wink
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2008 11:48 PM »

Mo'.... sad there are no weddings here this summe
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2008 12:11 AM »

Here's nice examples of how to do it with hijab.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2008 12:25 AM »

Where's adi and nouha when u need them. They usually post some more diverse stuff here. Here's one white dress pic.
Sugarqueen
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2008 04:01 AM »

Did someone ask for diversity?

Sugarqueen
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2008 04:18 AM »

nooners
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
nooners has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2008 04:39 AM »

lol im here jannah.... ill be posting a bunch soon Cheesy
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2008 04:47 AM »

salaam

wow all those dresses are gorgeous. I remeber for my walima my husband and i wanted me to wear those beautiful white wedding dresses but then we decided not to because my inlaws had already baught clothes for walima from pak..
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2008 05:55 AM »

wsalaam,

Definitely loveeeely. You know I never liked white wedding dresses before but some of these are sooo beautiful. I like that off the one shoulder ethnic dress too.

I heart this one!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2008 04:05 AM »

Here's some Indian inspired fashion!!!

This is from a design house called Marchesa:

British Raj, the fusion of Indian and Victorian England culture

These are a little short, but imagine them with pants and a shirt underneath: http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008RTW/MARCHESA/11m.jpg
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fashionshows/S2008RTW/MARCHESA/01m.jpg

These designer bags with semi-precious stones worn by bollywood stars. Soo beautiful.

Here's their website with all of them: http://amishi.eu/

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2008 04:01 AM »

I thought these were interesting...desi/arab style influencing hollywood...

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2008 04:07 AM »

Thought I'd put up some pics of luz hurley's indian wedding. Amazing... and HER DRESS. That is the most gorgeous dress I've ever seen!! It only cost... £64,000 and I'm too scared to even convert that! but wow... talk about princess for a day!  princesssis
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2008 05:16 AM »

talk about gorgeous!
nooners
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2008 12:52 AM »

Arab style... from algeria and morocco

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2008 05:50 AM »

wsalaam,

those are lovely noon! but i look so faaat wearing a belt. and if i don't wear a belt i look so fat! i wonder if they have styles where it is more close fitting less fabric?
nooners
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2008 02:57 AM »

they do have more fitting styles, ppl get them altered all the time, the above styles are whats traditional
nooners
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2008 03:15 AM »

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2008 04:36 AM »

k i'm sick blech so as good as time as any to add some pics... i tried adding the company name to the file in case anyone's wedding shopping Wink

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Feb 03, 2008 04:38 AM »

someone please get married so i can buy this stuff!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Feb 03, 2008 04:42 AM »

definitely some girls only henna party outfits here...

and sorry about the guys but i couldn't cut them off without cutting off the dress Sad
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Feb 03, 2008 04:51 AM »

Mo' $$ as they'd say...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #24 on: Feb 03, 2008 04:55 AM »

Mo...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: