Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Signs That a Muslim Guy Needs to Get Married Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014 07:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Signs That a Muslim Guy Needs to Get Married
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Signs That a Muslim Guy Needs to Get Married  (Read 9578 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reps: 224

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Apr 06, 2008 02:27 AM »

http://tv.muxlim.com/video/rBzSepuLXZB

ROFL!!!!!

Facebook poking, MSN emoticons, excessive volunteering, MSA politics, and the Shaykh Abdullah Adhami quote…. hahahahahahaa!!!

WOW this is by far the funniest muslim-comedy video ive seen in a looooooong time. Mashallah, Hamzah Moin never ceases to impress me with his work (he even includes his drawings!).

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2008 01:09 PM »

That was really awkward.

I know it's Hamzah Moin and we're supposed to find everything he does really funny....but that was terrible.  Just awful.  He's a better comic writer than an actor.

The only time I laughed was when the old guy at the khutbah shakes his head. 

P.S. Maybe it's less funny because it looks like it's been done before...
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reps: 5

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2008 02:49 PM »

I thought the same. I actually cringed during the touchy-feely part. Really awkwardly done.

And I didn't like the voice-over.

But it is a funny topic to touch on, maybe someone can give Baba Ali a tip-off Wink
JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #3 on: Apr 06, 2008 03:43 PM »

the voiceover was creepy

*shudder*
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2008 07:24 AM »

Salaams,

http://tv.muxlim.com/video/rBzSepuLXZB

ROFL!!!!!

Facebook poking, MSN emoticons, excessive volunteering, MSA politics, and the Shaykh Abdullah Adhami quote…. hahahahahahaa!!!

WOW this is by far the funniest muslim-comedy video ive seen in a looooooong time. Mashallah, Hamzah Moin never ceases to impress me with his work (he even includes his drawings!).

I wouldn't be surprised if its the Maniac himself posting it? Or maybe a sidekick Wink

I reckon you should stick to writing, because if everyone and their imaginary girlfriend would start making videos, who would work for the reading folks!

LFOR out

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
blackrose
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2008 08:55 PM »

I did not like it , what is up w the go to facebook then go to msn and then fall in love>Huh???
I agree khutba part was funny.. but yah i dont get the point of it
ninna
Sis

Reps: 1

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2008 03:49 PM »

i understand how its sposed to be funny,
i do get the facebook and msn thing, the ideas are good
but wasnt carried out very well
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 26, 2008 01:14 PM »

I thought it was hysterical. Very funny  Cheesy Grin Wink

AND very trueeeeeeeeeeee.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Apr 30, 2008 08:34 AM »

Salaams,

I think you are a sellout (aka someone who knows the producer in real life)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Apr 30, 2008 02:47 PM »

ws,

Nah don't know him... still think it's hysterical...maybe you have to observe a current MSA to see it!!

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reps: 5

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008 04:35 PM »

American sense of humoUr  Roll Eyes   Tongue

Only joking please don't ban me.. Smiley
seeker3000
Sis

Reps: 2

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2009 03:40 AM »

bisms
That was very funny.  American college humor, if memory serves.   purplehijabisis Thanks for sharing.
faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

Reps: 1

Love your brother and sister for the sake of Allah

« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2009 03:49 PM »

it was ok but it's like really bad medicine you only take it in once puke

My Allah guide my son to the righteous path
Mohammed AbdulMaged Elsayed 10/19/08 2months and three weeks
UBAB
Bro

Reps: 37

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2009 09:10 PM »

Nice -

I have known Hamzah Moin for many years, he's actually a student at my old Alma mater, McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario .

FYI - Shot Locations and Background about some of the scenes:

Sign 1 - Hallway outside of New MSA Office in Wentworth Hall - unique because it has two entrances (brother's entrance in the background plastered with signs!) - and three rooms - two for sisters and one for brothers and about 700 sq ft total space vs the 160 sq ft the old office had.

Sign 2 - Inside the brothers section of the MSA Office 

Sign 3 - Inside the brothers section of the MSA Office to the New University Centre

Sign 4 - The Stare - Inside the Basilique Resturant - by everyone calls it Mumdouhs - the Paris trained owner-chef - the best Halal chicken wings, calzones and phily-cheese steaks in Canada.

Sign 6 -  Jumaah Khutba - Inside the brothers section of the MSA Office (door closing was the second entrance to the sister side.

Older Man commenting on the Khutba is  Dr. Yasser Hadara, Professor of Electrical Engineering and former chair of the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC) - the third largest Muslim Organization in Canada, a guest lecturer on Islam and on the Quran at Stanford University and Massey College - part of the reason it makes it so funny when he comments about the Khutba.

Sign 7 - Getting Noticed - Hamzah Moin with his Father, Dr. Moin, a Civil Engineering professor at the University.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Signs That a Muslim Guy Needs to Get Married

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines