Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "And that is the secret of this world. If you remove love of dunya from your heart, the dunya is yours for the taking. You can have the dunya because it's in your hand and not in your heart."- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention All Animal Lovers...  (Read 1970 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Feb 20, 2009 02:03 PM »

I received this in my e-mail.  Thought I'd pass it on to you folks.  After all, feeding hungry animals is considered charity in Islam (yes?  Isn't there a hadith about this?)  I guess you can click on the button once a day.

Here's the e-mail message:

Hi, all you animal lovers.

This is really simple..... please tell ten friends to each tell a further ten today!
    The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting free food donated every day to abused and neglected animals. It takes less than a minute (about 15 seconds) to go to their site and click on the purple box 'fund food for animals for free'.
    You'll then see "Thank You — your click has been counted!"

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Please pass it along to people you know. http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

AGAIN, PLEASE TELL 10 FRIENDS!!

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2009 02:36 AM »

It was nice of you to post this.
Here in my state so many animals are being surrendered as times et tough, it's sad when a person
needs to give up their pets cause they can't afford to feed them.
Many rescues are bursting at the seems and can't take anymore in.
Horse rescues are also hurting, donations are down and surrenders are above the norm,
Many newspapers reporting horses being turned loose in state parks cause people have no where
to take their unwanted horses.
The animal rights activists didn't help when they made horse meat in our country illegal.
So even lame, elderly, non ridable horses are ending up either in rescues or being turned loose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: