Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Whenever a tedious person sits next to me, the side on which he is sitting feels lower down than the other side of me." - Imam Shafi'i
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "All my life I've had a choice between hate and love, and I chose love ..."  (Read 4148 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Feb 23, 2009 02:41 PM »

"All my life I've had a choice between hate and love, and I chose love, and now I'm here," A.R. Rahman said after winning an Oscar for Best Score in Slumdog Millionare on Feb 22, 2009

The story of how Allah Rakha Rahman Converted to Islam

http://rahmaniac.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/islam-gives-me-peace-a-r-rahman/

It was in the year 1989 that he and his family embraced Islam.

Talking about his reversion, Rahman said, “The whole process started with a sequence of dream. It was in 1988. I was in Malaysia and had a dream of an old man who was asking me to embrace Islam. For the first time, I did not take it seriously, but then I saw the same dream several times and I discussed it with my mother. She encouraged me to go ahead and to respond to the call of the Almighty. Also, in 1988, one of my sisters fell seriously ill and in spite of the family’s effort to cure her, her health deteriorated by the day. Then under the guidance of one Muslim religious leader we prayed to Allah, which did wonder for my sister and she made a miraculous comeback to life. Thus, began my journey from Dileep Kumar to A.R. Rahman.”

He said the decision to embrace Islam was a mutual one with his mother. Not one to normally discuss this aspect of his private life, after taking a pause, Rahman narrates succinctly, “My mother and I resolved to follow one faith … we wanted to cleanse ourselves of our sorrows.”

Brothers and Sisters of this forum who live in the West -  it's our obligation to share this beautiful dean to our fellow neighbours and friends - a classmate of mine many years ago who converted to Islam -  learned about Islam through rap music while living in South America.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: