// False Rumor about President Obama
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "The word "shams" (sun) is feminine, and "qamar" (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala be pleased with them."  - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: False Rumor about President Obama  (Read 1974 times)
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« on: Feb 24, 2009 10:02 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

Due to a recent experience, I have researched the issue regarding President Obama's ancestry, and found that according to all four schools of Islamic Law, President Obama could never be considered as having apostated from Islam, as claimed in some media outlets.

Here is the evidence:

Barack Obama's father, Obama Sr., was an atheist when Obama was born.  This is according to President Obama's book, "My Spiritual Journey".   His father is quoted as believing religion to be 'superstition,' and that he was atheist, and having these beliefs, according to Islamic Law, places him outside the religion of Islam. 

Thus, when Obama Jr. was conceived his father was an atheist, not a Muslim.

To summarize, just because President Obama's father had a Muslim name does not necessitate that he was Muslim.  Rather, President Obama was born to an atheist father and a non-Muslim mother, and by the consensus of the scholars, he is therefore not to be considered a Muslim by birth.  What counts in Islam is the beliefs, not the name.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
blm2007
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
blm2007 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2009 02:56 PM »

Ok I agree to your points,but I have some few queries as well.

You said Obama's father had a Muslim name that means he was a Muslim one time before being an atheist.But is it for sure then,Obama's birth came from a Muslim father.Later his father could become an atheist but Obama haven't.And you also mentioned that Obama's mother was a non-muslim but didn't tell us clearly of what religion she is.So then what's Obama's actual religion?Is he from no religion then?Definitely he is.And he is a Muslim.We get name from our fathers not our mothers, so Obama is till a Muslim now,no matter if he said in his book about his father being an atheist.
---------------------------------------
Sahih Bukhari Translation
Search Quran
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2009 06:19 PM »

The issue discussed above is whether Obama was an apostate. He is not, because he was never a Muslim! Obama has said over and over again he is a Christian. Even when he made his famous speech to Muslims at Cairo Univeristy he said "I AM A CHRISTIAN".

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2009 07:26 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

I spoke to one of the major scholars in Syria, Dr. Muhammad Khair, and he said the following:

According to Islamic Law, one can only be considered to be Muslim by one of the two following means:

1.)  By declaring the Shahadatain in front of the Muslim community.

2.)  By being born to either or both a Muslim mother or father. 

I further clarified with the Shaikh regarding point number two, and I asked him specifically about President Obama.

Me:  Shaikh, Mr. Obama has stated that his father apostated from Islam.  Would this mean that Mr. Obama was born Muslim or not?

Shaikh:  That depends on when his father apostated.   If his father apostated before Mr. Obama was born, then Mr. Obama is not considered a Muslim by birth.  However, if his father apostated after Mr. Obama was born, then it would be the opposite case.

In summary, the Fiqh ruling hinges on the religion of the parents at the time of one's birth.  It does not matter what someones name or ancestry is beyond the parents, and as has been claimed by some Jewish writers.

As was mentioned, Mr. Obama's father was an atheist at the time of Mr. Obama's birth, according to his book, and no one from his family has come forward to refute that.

My suggestion is that common people not delve into this matter, since it is of no benefit and a futile discussion, and the rumors being spread are based on pure conjecture.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: