Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'Are you using the world as an arena to express your social pathology?' - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling distress  (Read 3344 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 26, 2009 06:07 AM »

I am feeling very depressed. Asked Dua'a a lot. So many things are going wrong, in the main areas of my life. I am grateful for the many blessings Allah has given me but I worry that my dua'a is heard but I am unworthy of his help.
I even recited the dua'a for grief and distress. This has been going on for a while. I am afraid.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
timbuktu
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2009 10:10 AM »

peace be upon you

I am feeling very depressed. Asked Dua'a a lot. So many things are going wrong, in the main areas of my life. I am grateful for the many blessings Allah has given me but I worry that my dua'a is heard but I am unworthy of his help.

Stop worrying about that. Allah (swt) has created you as human, and that is the highest of His creation. We are all prone to mistakes and sins. It is His Mercy that comes to the rescue of us all. If we sin, we should repent, and genuine repentance will be forgiven, insha`Allah. If we were all to give up sins altogether, Allah will bring forth a new nation that would sin, repent, and be forgiven.

As for things going wrong, do a lot of astaghfaar. That may be to draw us closer to Allah.

I even recited the dua'a for grief and distress. This has been going on for a while. I am afraid.

Do a lot of istaghfaar.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2009 04:17 PM »

Sounds like life bro/sis. REminder to us that this isn't our real Home. Everyone has major problems, even people you think have perfect lives have a lot of things going on you don't know about. Keep making dua and tie your camel too, ie struggle to fix the problems in your life.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2009 02:12 AM »

I sure understand, I too feel unworthy of Allah's help at times and then I remind myself that the enemy, satan,
must be the master of guilt, dispear and such. Allah being most merciful and compassionate.
Sometimes I look up to the heavens (stars, moon, etc) and I feel like such a stranger on this planet.
I get this weird feeling of, well, kind of like feeling homesick.
Maybe that sounds strange.

I was at home sad and depressed and made myself come out to use the pc here at the library.
Seems like no one is happy anymore, I notice it a lot, I try to find joy in things, but those around me due to the economy
you can feel and sense it, they're unhappy, scared, worried.

I've no wonderful words of advice anon, just kind of know how you're feeling a little.
You're not alone and don't ever let satan allow you, tempt you to feel unworthy,
I would think with Allah being most merciful and most compassionate, that would be a wonderful and
valid reason to rejoice and be happy and thankful.
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2009 03:26 PM »

Assalaamu alaikum

I worry that my dua'a is heard but I am unworthy of his help.

This reminds me of  the 'worldly consequnces of sin' thread.  You shouldn't despair of Allaah's Mercy, if it helps, go through the ayats of the Qur'aan which stress this as this may give you some reassurance.  If you feel remorse at what you have done, like you really feel something in your heart, then have hope that Allaah Will Forgive you as long as you ask for forgiveness.  I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask why you feel you are 'unworthy of His Help'?

Remember the hadith which mentions that when one makes du^aa, then one of 3 things will happen, which means something like: either his Du^aa will be immediately answered; it will be saved for him in the Hereafter; or it will turn away an equivalent amount of evil (from him).  Perhaps the latter have occured for you, so again, don't despair insha'Allaah.

I have found it helpful to ask people to pray for me too, and remember that you can pray at anytime, and at any place, but there are some places and times in which the du^aa is more likely to be Accepted, so perhaps pray in the last part of the night, for instance.

I'm not sure what exactly you're afraid of?  I don't know if you will come back to this thread or would want to elaborate, but I am sorry that you're feeling depressed.  It may help to talk to friends to get their advice or to help put things in to perspective.

I do pray that your feelings of depression begin to lessen insha'Allaah.

walaikum asalaam

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: