// Qutub Minar, Delhi
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: What is this precious love and laughter Budding in our hearts? It is the glorious sound Of a soul waking up! -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Qutub Minar, Delhi  (Read 2613 times)
timbuktu
« on: Feb 28, 2009 05:15 PM »

peace be upon you

I searched the world heritage site for sites in Delhi. Came across Qutub Minar. This brought back memories. Ages ago, when I was under ten, we went to meet my grandparents at Delhi. The journey was by train, and that meant Karachi to Lahore, then Lahore to Amritsar in India, and then on to Delhi. In those days travel was fun, for us. For the adults it must have been torture, for there was a lot of luggage. Qutub Minar dates to the time of Qutubuddin Aebak, a slave sultan of Delhi.

Anyway, one of the visits we made was to this tower. This is a five storey tower. I was told that originally it was seven storey high, then a plane hit it, and demolished two storeys. True or not, I cannot say. The planes in those days would have been small.

We climbed the tower from within. It was fun.

Near the tower you can see another pole like structure. This is of pure iron, and dates back thousands of years. It is called Ashok ki lath, from which it follows that it is of Ashok's times. It is probably of extra-terristerial origin. It doesn't rust. Pure iron does not rust. For rusting to take place, it must have another metal in contact which has a different electrochemical potential, so that a voltaic cell is set up. That is, it must be impure. Pure Iron is not found in nature on Earth. And iron of such purity could not have been produced by the people of ancient times. So it must be from space.

Any outing those days was a picnic. Took all day, and mother prepared delicious food. It was work for her, but she enjoyed the outing, too. For women in those days, such outings were their treats. I don't think they went to hotels for dinner or snacks. Come to think of it, there were often picnics in those days.
timbuktu
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2009 06:06 PM »

peace be upon you

Addendum: As you would expect, but I failed to mention earlier, the walls of the tower were inscribed with Quranic Ayahs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: