// Understand Quran
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Beauty: The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understand Quran  (Read 1906 times)
timbuktu
« on: Mar 09, 2009 07:41 AM »

peace be upon you

So I attended the short intensive course. It covered a lot of topics, and I need to refresh and read up many time, not least because I had deliberately slowed my brain down.

It is true that having as mother-tongue a script close to Arabic was a help. Many words are common, even if the meanings are at times different. The pronunciation is different for some letters. Yet this was an amazing experience.

Here is a sample page from the Quran. Revising the lessons will ensure that I know the words (and derivatives) in red. Actually, there are many more words (shown in black) that I know from Urdu. So it has been beneficial.

and the website is:

http://www.understandquran.com/

The courses are in many languages, including English.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: