// The Good Samaritan redux
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The first law of dietetics seems to be: if it tastes good, it's bad for you. - Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good Samaritan redux  (Read 1315 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Mar 01, 2009 04:16 PM »

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Health/Good%20Samaritan%20redux/1334150/story.html

The Good Samaritan redux

The GazetteFebruary 27, 2009

A little more than 10 ago, just after I'd been diagnosed with cancer, my wife and I moved to a new residence. As word of my disease spread, friends started calling less and less, or not at all. Some would ask if they could help, but never followed through. Others offered excuses, but still stayed away. It was tough but we understood: Cancer scares people.

One morning our new neighbour knocked on our door and asked my wife in broken English, "Your husband is sick?" When my wife told him that was the case, this man's words were, "Don't worry about a thing, I am your brother, I am here to help."

Sure enough, every single day for the next 12 weeks, this man (who worked nights) drove me to my treatments, exams, etc. He would take my wife shopping and wait to bring her back home.

There is not enough space to describe the good deeds of this total stranger that fate brought to my door - a Muslim immigrant from an Arab country. Thank you.

Raymond Clarke

St. Chrysostome
© Copyright (c) The Montreal Gazette

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009 07:58 PM »

Ma'shaAllah... real true Dawah! May Allah reward the brother. His unselfish acts of kindness brought a lot of khair!

ws
 mashallahsmiley
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009 03:43 PM »

Maasha-Allah indeed! Exactly what our beloved Prophet SAW would do.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009 04:01 PM »

Assalaamu alaikum,

That's so lovely to read, may Allaah ta^ala Reward him greatly.  If only more people could behave in this way, just imagine how many misconceptions could be broken and how many more people would be drawn to Islaam.

wasalaam  Smiley

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: