Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it. - Hassan al-Basri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Imam Siraj diagonosed with prostrate cancer :(  (Read 1794 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 01, 2009 09:46 PM »

SubhanAllah. he's done so much for the north american muslim community. traveling tirelessly to youth conferences, countless fundraisers, conventions, meetings, local projects.  targeted by the us gov't, labeled as a terrorist by real terrorists  Angry may Allah give him shifaa.

===================

As Salamu Alaikum, Dear Brothers and Sisters!

It is well known now that I have been suffering from hypertension. Al Hamdulillah, I have been working with it for a while now, and insha’Allah it’s pretty much under control. As a result of being thoroughly checked by the competent doctors in Atlanta , I have been recently diagnosed with prostate cancer. Al Hamdulillah, inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun. (All Praise is for Allah. Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.)

My diagnosis is not as bad as it sounds on the surface. Many men have been cured from prostate cancer. My doctors are very optimistic about my cure, and so am I. Insha’Allah the treatment should last about two months. But you and I know that the cure is in the Hands of Allah. If Allah heals me, I will be very grateful. If Allah doesn’t heal me, then I will be patient and happily accept my fate. This is the way of the Believers. I am looking forward to full recovery and getting back to work in the not-too-distant future, insha’Allah.

Many people will ask the question, what can we do? Don’t waste your time feeling sorry for me. Make du’a. But don’t just make du’a for me. There are a lot of Muslims, men and women, with cancer (and other diseases). Make du’a for them also. There are so many among the elderly, who need our help, make du’a for them. There are so many Muslims who have lost their jobs, lost their homes, make du’a for them! Beyond the prayers, go visit the sick, those in prison, and others in need.

Get involved more with Islamic work. Support organizations like MANA, ISNA, ICNA, MAS, CAIR, SIFCA, the community in association with Imam Warith Deen Mohammed, the community of Imam Jamil Al Amin, etc. Support good brothers and sisters, like Mauri’ Saalakhan of the Peace and Justice Foundation. Support Islamic education and schools. If you want to help Imam Siraj, then help support his Masjid, Masjid At-Taqwa, in Brooklyn, New York and all the other struggling Masjids throughout America.

Every challenge we face in life presents us with many opportunities for growth. With a heightened awareness and sensitivity about health-related issues, I will feel better when we, as an ummah, learn more about our health. We have to be very careful about the foods we consume! I urge all of us to cultivate healthy appetites such that we begin to love and crave foods that are good FOR us and eliminate foods that are not. I intend with Allah’s help to share information with you in the coming weeks about our health.

On behalf of MANA, I encourage you to lend your support to our growing Organization. Every MANA project is structured to strengthen American Muslim communities. The SHARE Centers, Healthy Marriage Initiative, Community Reentry Program, and Healing and Reconciliation Project all need input and active service urgently. Please contact the MANA office to find out more and look for regular updates in our newsletters, insha’Allah.

In closing, I am humbled and very thankful for all the prayers, and well wishes of the Muslims, and am very appreciative for all the help extended to me and my family in the past. Alhamdulillah! I am also overwhelmed with gratitude that a number of you want to lend financial support, and have asked how you can do that. Online donations can be made here, or feel free to correspond with me directly at Siraj Wahhaj, P.O. Box 312264, Atlanta, GA 31131.

Thank you kindly. May Allah guide and protect us all.

Your brother in faith,

Imam Siraj Wahhaj

For online donations for Imam Siraaj’s Treatment, you can click this link and donate through paypal: Imam Siraaj’s Recovery Donations
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009 11:02 PM »

asak
This paypal site isn't allowing any donations. if you find a different link- post it please.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009 03:29 AM »

ws,

i fixed the link, inshaallah it should go to the mana site where you can choose the account for imam siraj.

jazakiAllah khair

here it is again:

http://www.mana-net.org/subpage.php?ID=donate
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009 04:52 AM »

Sad may Allah swt give him shifa
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009 09:10 PM »

someone made this sweet little video:

UBAB
Bro

UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009 02:51 PM »

Please let us all agree not to forget this wonderful leader, inspirational speaker, community builder, friend and our brother in Islam in our dua’s as he is surely going to need all the help that he can get. Insha Allah it will be made easy for him and us. Ameen.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2009 09:27 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

May Allah make things easy for this noble da'yee and caller to the religion, a modern day hero of the Muslims, rather a hero for all people, as I consider him.  May Allah cause his message of adherence to the religion and Imaan triumph for ages to come.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2009 02:02 AM »

On a selfish note- he is scheduled to speak in our city next month- I have been soooo looking forward to it.
May Allah swt give him the shifa.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
UBAB
Bro

UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2009 07:12 PM »

Siraj Wahhaj
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Siraj Wahhaj (English: Bright light; born as Jeffrey Kearse) is a well known African-American Muslim convert to Islam and public figure for Muslims in North America. He is currently the Imam of Al-Taqwa mosque in Brooklyn, New York.

Biography
Born and raised in New York, he became a Sunday school teacher as at a young age, then later went to Wilfrid Laurier University (WLU) where he studied biology education.

In the 1960s he became attracted to the Nation of Islam and was taught under Louis Farrakhan at the height of the NOI's anti-Malcolm X rhetoric. He became a Sunni Muslim after the death of Elijah Muhammad in 1975 and Muhammad's son Warith Deen Mohammed took over and reorganized the organization, urging members to come to orthodox Islam. Kearse then changed his name to Siraj Wahhaj. He was chosen to study Islam at the Umm al-Qura university of Mecca in 1978. He also briefly taught a course in Islamic studies at Howard University. In 1981 he started his own mosque, Masijd ul-Taqwa, in a friend's apartment in Brooklyn. Although it originally started out with only 25 people, today it is well-known.

In 1988 he led his community in an anti-drug patrol in which they staked out drug houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant in the cold of winter for 40 days and nights, forcing the closure of 15 drug houses. This effort received high praise from the New York City Police Department and the media.

Since that time, Siraj has been active in many Islamic organizations. He has been vice president of the Islamic Society of North America since 1997 and has served on the Majlis Ash-Shura, a consultative council of Islamic scholars, since 1987. He is a member of the Board of Advisors for the American Muslim Council and has also served on the national board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Siraj is a fairly prolific speaker in America. He makes many appearances at major North American Muslim conventions, and numerous forums and lectures in New England. His audio and video lectures are also popular in America's Muslim community. He is known to encourage Muslims to be God-fearing, enjoin good and forbid evil, practice regular charity, stay away from drugs, abstain from pre-marital relations, and other issues as well. He has also appeared on several national television talk shows and has had interviews with several media outlets.

In 1991 Siraj offered an invocation (opening prayer) to the United States House of Representatives. He was the first Muslim to do so.

Diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer in February 2009.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2009 12:15 AM »

Letter from Imam Siraj:

Bismillah

As Salamu Alaikum, Dear Brothers and Sisters!

I am happy to announce that Allah (SWT), Most High, has blessed me tremendously in my battle with hypertension and prostate cancer. Treatment for the cancer is going very well; my hypertension is very much under control; and I feel strong and invigorated. Alhamdulillah!

I am so thankful to Allah (SWT) for all the support I’ve received from so many Muslims, as well as some non-Muslims. I am a firm believer in the power of du’a (supplication). The Prophet (pbuh) has encouraged us to make du’a for one another, and I can definitely feel the effects of your du’as. It truly works! I know how badly I was feeling not so long ago, and I how GREAT I am feeling now. Subhan’Allah (SWT)! In addition to your du’as, I am also very humbled by and appreciative of the contributions many of you have sent for me and my family. I feel a real connection to all of you. Every time I eat a morsel of bread, drink a sip of water, take medication or receive treatment, I feel that part of the reward will go to all those who have so generously helped me. And you, the Ummah of Muhammad (s), will share in the reward of my return to good health, insha’Allah (SWT).

I want to share something with you that has been constantly on my mind. Allah (SWT) mentions in His Qur’an: “laa taqtuluu anfusakum”, i.e., “do not kill yourselves” (4:29). My advice to the Muslim Ummah, (as well as to others), is “Let us stop killing ourselves”. The most surprising thing to me when I first visited Mecca in 1978, was to see how many Muslims smoked cigarettes. According to the World Health Organization, if the nations of the world do nothing, as many as one billion people will die as a result of smoking cigarettes in the 21st century. That is an obscene number of preventable deaths! Without a doubt, cigarette smoking is HARAM and is absolutely prohibited in Al Islam! (See Fatawa Islamiyah)

EVERY doctor who will ever examine you will ask you three questions: 1) Do you smoke cigarettes, 2) Do you drink alcohol, and 3) Do you take drugs? If we practice our Islam, we should at least be free from these “suicidal” drugs. I hope to go on a Jihad in the very near future to help eliminate cigarette smoking in our Ummah, insha’Allah (SWT). But, while cigarette smoking, alcohol and drugs are more obvious vices, there are other subtle ways in which we are killing ourselves. One way is by what we eat, and therefore, it is imperative that we become more conscious of our eating habits. It is no accident that the first sin of our father, Adam (pbuh), is something that he ATE! We are literally eating ourselves to death. Diabetes, hypertension and many other diseases are the result of our diets. Insha’Allah (SWT) MANA, as well as other organizations, will advance initiatives that promote healthy eating and healthy living. How do we prepare our foods? How much do we eat? What do we eat? These are all questions that we have to answer. I now feel compelled to help in any way that I can to bring experts to help inform us of what is best for us. Insha’Allah (SWT), more to come about that in the future. A word of caution: many people will be upset to learn the truth about the poor quality of foods we’ve been eating for so many years. Most of which, nutritionally speaking, does not qualify to be called “food”.

In closing, while I do feel invigorated, I have to remind myself, as well as others, that I am still is the process of healing and must take it easy. Although I have recently done a few khutbahs and taught a few classes, I must take time away in order to focus my energy on healing and restoration. Please know that I look forward to getting back to work in a regular capacity because I belong to you-the community-no doubt about it!

Insha’Allah (SWT), in future MANA newsletters you’ll hear from our Deputy Amir, Imam Al-Hajj Talib ‘Abdur-Rashid, a true soldier and servant of Allah (SWT). Once again, thank you for supporting me and my family, and for your ongoing support of MANA. May Allah (SWT), Most High, guide and protect us all. JazakAllah khairan!

Your brother in faith,

Imam Siraj Wahhaj
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2009 02:43 AM »

Asalamualaikum

MashAllah he is amazing. May Allah swt reward him.
He is soo right about many things.. I also feel like others duas helped me. 

About the cigarettes if you know anyone whos been smoking for ages no loose hope on them
My dad has been smoking since before I was born and at age 60 he quit just like that. Each Ramadan he would tell us he would be never did. Then he went through open heart surgery and they told him he had to quit and he did, just like that. And he was smoking many packs a day. He sais its just a mind thing.

Also unfortunately he is soo correct about the 'food' because most of the 'food ' in stores is not even real food. And in Qur'an we are told to eat things that are pure. Im glad that he has mentioned this and am happy he will bring more awareness about it. Sometimes for some Muslims  it takes an imam for them to believe it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: