// Exciting News! Mashallah! (Islamic Marriage Assistance Program (IMAP))
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exciting News! Mashallah! (Islamic Marriage Assistance Program (IMAP))  (Read 2275 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Mar 02, 2009 09:39 PM »

Message from the

Islamic Marriage Assistance Program (IMAP) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"The Islamic Marriage Assistance Program (IMAP) is a nonprofit group that hosts Islamic events in the G.T.A. where
Muslims can meet Muslims for the purpose of marriage."

http://imaponline.org/toronto/index.php

I was a volunteer last at this event in January 2009 - I couldn't believe how many wonderful Muslim men and women were there out there - the event was established of the sole purpose for finding potential mates and has been held for the last 8 years. It's a unique experience where marriage minded brothers and sisters meet in a controlled Islamic environment (Banquet hall of the mosque in this case). Whats nice about this all communications between brothers and sisters have to go through the organizers - so the sister organizers would discuss with brother organizers who wants to meet. This added a level of protection for the sisters if they did not want to meet a brother - the organizers would be able enforce this in a gentle way without embarrassment to any party. If both parties wanted to meet, then the organizers would set up a location at the perimeter of the hall and have them sit and  talk to teach other - still in the presents of all, but quiet enough to discuss specific topics. This event is held about 4 times a year, and it encourages family members to attend - .. mothers and best friends seem to be the ones who attended the most with their sons or daugthers - Sometimes brothers would attend on their sisters behalf.

The following email is from one of the organizers which I got for being a volunteer - It always nice to help someone complete half their deen...

Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 22:03:54 -0800
Subject: Exciting News! Mashallah!
Assalaamu Alaikum All,

Hope all is well with you and your families by the grace and mercy of Allah SWT.

We are very happy and excited to share some wonderful news with you.  Alhamdulillaah, a parent just contacted sister Zabeeda to let us know that her daughter, Sr (deleted) met a brother....br (deleted),  at the January 17, event and Insha-Allah, they plan to get married in May 2009.

I am personally very happy to share this with you because you were part of the very dedicated group of volunteers at this event.  It was also the event where you were very instrumental in implementing many changes to the program. Insha-Allah, I hope we hear of many more success stories.

May Allah SWT bless Sr (deleted) and Br (deleted)and their families and help them to have a very happy and harmonious relationship, Ameen.

Insha-Allah, I hope you can continue to assist us in helping to make marriages happen.

Take care
Sr Fazila

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009 10:04 PM »

Assalaamu alaikum,

That's great to hear that the event was successful Smiley, may any future events prove to be just as successful insha'Allaah. 

I was wondering though how appropriate it is for the bride and groom's names to be mentioned so publicly?  It just doesn't seem right somehow.  Maybe it's just me... I think it's different if they knew that their news and names were on a public forum and they were ok with it.  If they don't know however, then I do think perhaps their names should be left out. It's just a suggestion.

wasalaam

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009 10:20 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum sister salaampeaceshalom,

Thank you!  The changes have been made -   the best of intentions sometimes hurt others unknowingly.

Wa-alaikum-as-salam.

Assalaamu alaikum,

That's great to hear that the event was successful Smiley, may any future events prove to be just as successful insha'Allaah. 

I was wondering though how appropriate it is for the bride and groom's names to be mentioned so publicly?  It just doesn't seem right somehow.  Maybe it's just me... I think it's different if they knew that their news and names were on a public forum and they were ok with it.  If they don't know however, then I do think perhaps their names should be left out. It's just a suggestion.

wasalaam

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: