// How to deal Islamically with a person who is in jail?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: O God, I can't live in this world / Without remembering You - / How can I endure the next world / Without seeing Your face? - Rabi'a al-Adawiyya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to deal Islamically with a person who is in jail?  (Read 1722 times)
Anonymous
« on: Sep 14, 2009 09:32 AM »

Isn't there something in the Quran that deals with the compassion and treatment of those in jail?
There is a person in our family who was in jail and may be going back.
Due to the nature of the offence ( crime against a minor, not young child but a teenager)
one of his children wants to disown him. (This adult child is a parent himself)
As a parent and grandparent I find what was done awful, but I cannot help
but feel empathy, compassion and mercy toward this person.
Am I in the wrong since it was a man in is 50's and this was dealing with
a teen ager? (In the past I do have first hand knowledge of this man comments and feelings
toward minor girls (10 and up,  but mainly 12 and up)
I agree with his son of not wanting this man around his granddaughters.
BTW this man is not Muslim. Nor are his sons. But I am. I feel we all should
(if he is returned to jail) send him a small amount of money to buy toiletries and send occasional
letters of encouragement to change his life around.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2009 11:11 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

This man has committed a terrible and heinous crime, and he must repent to God, and the only way for him to do this is by learning about Islam, and becoming Muslim.  The best thing you can do for him is educate him about Islam, and tell him about the eternal accountability in the afterlife.  Whatever punishment he has in this world is insignificant compared to the great loss  in the afterlife if he dies in disbelief.

I know of an Imam who teaches Muslim converts in prisons, and he tells them:  Your going to jail is the best thing that happened to you, for it was the means of your learning about Islam and accepting the truth.  If  a person accepts Islam, all his previous sins will be forgiven.

What is important after Tawbah to Allah is Istiqaama, staying upright and firm on the truth.  I ask Allah Most High to forgive all of our sins, and make us firm on the acts of worship and reading of the Quran, and prayer, that we practiced in Ramadan, and immerse us in His Infinite Mercy that encompasses all of His Creation.

And Allah knows best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: