Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandstorm!  (Read 1835 times)
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« on: Mar 10, 2009 10:28 AM »

Ooh love the new theme!

It always sends shivers down my spine (in a good way, if that's possible) to see the greatness of Allah through nature. 

Anyway, as of 5 minutes ago, it was bright and sunny outside.  There are usually a few birds on my balcony, but there were none, and it crossed my mind that it's rather odd.  Now, 5 minutes later, I can't see ANYTHING outside, not even the building directly opposite my apartment.  A huuuge sandstorm just hit Riyadh, and as I sit here sneezing, I wonder ...

What's the weather like at your end?
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2009 10:40 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I'm tempted to say check out my Twitter account and find out!!  Wink

We had a few sandstorms a couple of weeks ago but pretty sunny as usual now.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2009 12:32 PM »

salam

The weather here as always, is decidedly errrrmmm undecided.

One second it's really sunny and you want to throw open the windows, and do lots of laundry to hang up to dry outside, and prepare a picnic lunch, the next it's suddenly dark and freezing with bursts of rain, and you want nothing more than a large bowl of chunky soup, turn up the heating high and draw the curtains against the gloom outside....worst of all it's only 11:30 am!!!

Roll on Spring!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2009 02:09 PM »

The snow has melted - we are happy  arabbeardbro

My director friend who was just visiting Toronto from Western Canada informed me that they are having a cold spell of -30C (-22F) right now (It's March - close to spring!)

It's so cold they have to plug in their cars again. BTW - this is unique to Northern Climates - cars up there comes with a heater in the engine block itself (called a block heater) that you plug into a regular outlet at night during the winter - this heater keeps the engine oil warm throughout the night so that it doesn't freeze, otherwise the car doesn't start in the morning.

Luckly we are protected by the Great Lakes and Southern Climate for us to require a block heater in this area - can't wait for the 30-40C (85-105F) summers to go to the beaches and cottage country (Northern Ontario)

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2009 02:31 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Its in 70s now Smiley

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2009 07:19 PM »

Just as sis Fozia said, very unpredictable. This morning was slightly chilly but very sunny, not a cloud to be seen. 2 o'clock and the sky was overcast and the rain pouring down in buckets. We have loads of trays with seedlings needing to be planted outside but the weather is just impossible.

I'm dying to see a sandstorm though.
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2009 07:24 PM »

I'm dying to see a sandstorm though.

Desert Rose, please refer to some sick Sandstorm videos on CNN from Riyadh:

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-227311

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-227425

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-227384

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2009 07:52 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

That sandstorm in Riyadh really was pretty amazing.

It even made the front page of the BBC website yesterday.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
shareislam
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
shareislam has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2009 05:39 AM »

We actually had  a tornado warning here a couple days back and a few touched down out in the country, thanfully no one was hurt.

Stephanie
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #9 on: Mar 24, 2009 09:52 PM »

Just got a call from the store in Western Canada - they got 20 cm (8") of snow over the weekend! Sure hope UPS can deliver in this weather...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: