Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shahada certificate for new Muslims  (Read 10290 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 15, 2009 04:47 AM »

I think sr. Kathy must have posted this on the board years ago??? A very nice thing for every mosque to have:

================================
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009 08:53 AM »

I've never seen such a certificate before and I'm trying to understand how this whole concept has come about.  Is it because there were some who wouldn't believe that such and such a person had become a Muslim and this was used as proof then?

Huh?

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009 08:22 PM »

wsalam,

It's a nice memory for the Muslim to keep with them of their day. They can frame it or keep it with them. It also may come in handy when it comes time to go to Hajj or to get married.

ws
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009 09:23 PM »

salam

salam

nice keepsake I get.

But what do you mean by
It also may come in handy when it comes time to go to Hajj or to get married.

Isn't embracing Islam merely repeating the testimony of faith, one does not need written references proving it!

It's one of the things I love about Islam, the beautiful simplicity of embracing the religion, believing and saying the testimony of faith....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009 11:12 PM »

Sure, but how do you prove legally that you are Muslim? Should it be anyone who says they are? Maybe, but I know Saudi requires more documentation and when you already have a certificate it's a lot easier. And I know it's something really nice that converts wish to have as a memory.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009 09:56 AM »

salam

Really!!!! Shocked Shocked
but I know Saudi requires more documentation and when you already have a certificate it's a lot easier.

How does one do that? I know converting to Judaism invovles jumping thro a whole load of hoops, but really Saudi's expect one to prove one is Muslim??? Charming.

Why would anyone pretend  Undecided

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009 08:33 PM »

wsalam,

Non-Muslims have been dying to go to Hajj since the time of Sir Richard Burton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Francis_Burton and before. In Michael Wolfe's book there are a number of stories of non-Muslims who snuck into Makkah to check it out and gain fame. There were even a few who made up a whole account of going! So I really don't blame them for checking. It's a holy place and it wouldn't be right for people to go there as tourists or adventurers. Sure people can make up fake documentation or whatever if they're determined, but I think it's good that they do try to check something.
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2009 02:05 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum,

In Singapore and Malaysia, converts do require to produce certificate of conversion before marriage. By law, only muslims are allowed to marry muslims, applies to both men and women.

In Singapore, there's the called Muslim Converts Association (Darul Arqam) who looks into the interests of converts and provide developmental and support programmes. They also give out such certificates. They hv a special room for those who wish to take the shahadah officially, and its really nice, mashaAllah.
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2009 10:48 PM »

Another Version ...

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
masjidetawheed

Reputation Power: 0
masjidetawheed has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2011 05:44 PM »

May Allah (swt) reward you in this Dunya and Jannah for creating this Certificate and making my duties more simple for being the secretary of a Masjid.  I know that you have put alot of time on this, I appreciate your time. JAK
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2011 08:17 PM »

Before one enters Makkah, ther is a checkpoint where guards do check documentation of who is coming in and what religion they are. There is no airport in Makkah, one has to drive in from Jeddah. So it's not too difficult to check. There is official documentation that they require to let you pass.
Nadimah86
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Nadimah86 has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2011 03:16 PM »

Salam purplehijabisis

I was looking for something like this earlier on today..

I gather converts/reverts are "required" to produce a certificate in order to travel to Saudi Arabia.......Somewhere I'd like to visit one day..

http://www.saudiembassy.net/services/umrah_visas.aspx

13. If the applicant has converted to Islam, he/she should provide an Islamic certificate notarized by an
       Islamic Center.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: