// Hitting Back Hitting Face
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Work harder on yourself than you do on your job.- Jim Rohn
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hitting Back Hitting Face  (Read 1762 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Mar 16, 2009 07:07 AM »

As salaamu alaykum
Well... it finally happened. My 14 year old son came home with a shiner... a black eye.

I know they can hit back in self defence- and walking away is better.

Can they throw a punch to the face?
I just can't imagine our Sahabahs fighting all those wars and not hitting faces....

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2009 10:01 AM »

salam

I've always been taught,  not to hit the face.

However in these cases, it's prolly best to set an example and walk away in one piece.

Is it possible to stay out of fights completely?

Poor Ali.

As a mum I'd say, beat the crap out of his opponent, so he never looks in my baby's direction ever again. On the other hand I'm pretty sure that's not the correct attitude.

What was the fight about, does it look like it will turn into a long running thing, or have they duked it out and settled their differences???

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009 01:48 PM »

Salams,

Too bad it happened but it'll make him stronger inshaAllah!

While we teach our kids to restrain, we should also teach them how to channel and let it out. I think a punching bag or self defense classes should be arranged for kids, so that they can take it out and also know how to fight back. Having that done, and 'then' teaching them to restrain can help because then we can tell our kids that they're only stronger for restraining themselves even though they had strength and capability to hit back.

And allow them to hit back if restraining couple of times, and other measures dont solve the situation. InshaAllah the aggressor will learn a lesson this way, and your kids would develop strong characters as well.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: