Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 02:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Marriage and Depression Hurt Women's Heart  (Read 3733 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Mar 10, 2009 07:29 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29602359 More Proof Depression Hurts Womens Hearts

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29529578/  Bad marriage bad for women's hearts
Men aren't as affected by unhappy relationships, study shows
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2009 06:24 PM »

GREAT !!! Roll Eyes Sad Roll Eyes
When I read this:

The depressed women were more than twice as likely to experience sudden cardiac death — death typically caused by an irregular heartbeat, concluded the 12-year study, published Monday in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology. They also had a smaller increased risk of death from other forms of heart disease.

The big surprise: Sudden cardiac death seemed more closely linked with antidepressant use than with the depression symptoms the women reported.

However I knew stress which is can cause depression, and stress in general can have an effect on a woman's health.
What worries me is many doctors will put a woman on them and give them a Rx for a year and not even check in with them, my doctor does that.
Luckily I know that when I need them it is temp to get me level minded and level my emotions while I do a life change and then wean myself off them.
If any sisters are reading this please know by my experience, antidepressants are just like treating a wound with cleaning, antibiotic ointment and a bandaid, and making life changes to get to the root of what causes the depression and correct matters is similar to the time a wound needs to heal.
However some depressions are situationally caused (continued stress over long periods)
Some are chemical imbalances caused by stress and other things.
I find exercise really helps me but needs to be done daily and kicks in only after about 6 to 8 weeks.
Chis in addition to hanging the situation in my life also. Thanks sis for posting this, many need this information so they don't stay on meds and rely on them, they are not a cure all they are just like the start to fixing the problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: