Submitted by peeyush on March 24, 2009 - 19:47.
I would dlike to draw you attention towards the incorrect facts written in the story:
1. There is no question of the culprits being termed as muslims,
2. One of the three culprits was not a muslim, while the other three were,
3. There is no question of quoting Muslim laws and rituals just to make the story spicy,
4. Get the names of the four men correct. They were Mohammed Hashim, Mohammed Arif and Jalees Ahmed,
5. Irfan used to frequent girl's house as he used to teach her carpet-weaving. Family denies any sort of affair with Irfan as his coming home was in their knowledge. Just don't put allegations over the girl linking it to an affair,
6. Her younger sister Afsana Hakim (12) did not fled teh spot. It was due to her intervention that the four men fled the spot,
7. Imrana did not die in morning. She died Monday evening at 5.45 PM at Khan Nursing home at Hapur and not at Modinagar,
The writer of the story has deviated from the facts and the true sense of journalism. In such a gruesome incident reported, please get the facts right and just don't write if you do not have the facts.
Sitting in ivory towers and writing a story does not make a good journalist. The story should not have been published at all. It sends a wrong message regarding true sense of journalism.