Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 18, 2014 04:01 AM

News:

All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tafsir  (Read 2027 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Mar 25, 2009 02:49 PM »

As salaamu alaykum

Are there any good quality print sets of tafsir?

I just ordered this set http://islamicbookstore.com/b3926.html and was horrified over the quality. The pages are so thin you could barely read them because the print is coming through from the other side. I wrongly thought since it was a new print the quality would be up to the standards of 2009. The quality of a set I bought 20 years ago is actually better!

Side note- I have always had very good shopping experiences with Islamicbookstore and do 90% of our libraries purchases through them. They have offered to take the set back...unfortunately i had already marked the outer covers with library markings before I looked inside. never will do that again.... Insha Allah!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2009 06:35 PM »

wsalam,

i think the ibn kathir one is pretty good.. the 10 volumes one from... dar us salam maybe??
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2009 06:42 PM »

Sound vision (Chicago) could have ibn Kathir
US # 1-800-432-4262 (online orders)

Store in Chicago, USA:
Islamic Books N Things
2701 W. Devon Ave., Chicago, IL. 60659

I went to their canadian site...

http://soundvisioncanada.com/shop/pview.asp?item=488-053

Tafsir Al-Quran Al-Azim, which is famous by the title Tafsir Ibn Kathir written by Al-Hafiz Ibn Kathir (d. 744), is the most popular interpretation of the Quran in the Arabic language.

In it one finds the best presentation of Ahadith, history, and scholarly commentary.

The meanings of the Qur'an have been interpreted by the Qur'an itself or by the traditions of the Prophet (S) and are enlightened with the thoughts and perception of the pious predecessors.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
AbdulBasir
Bro

Reputation Power: 8
AbdulBasir has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2009 06:51 PM »

salam

The 10 volume set of Tafsir Ibn Kathir published by Dar-us-Salaam is excellent print quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: