Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Now playing: Famous Muslim literary quotes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: President Obama in Prague  (Read 1349 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« on: Mar 31, 2009 03:14 PM »

As-salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa baraktuhu all - Just wanted to share that Pres. Obama, as you all know has just left for his European trip, he is also stopping by in Prague (where I am currently located). He is making a public speech on Sunday, April 5, so I will plan to attend. If I go, I will try my best to get video and post it here, for those of you who would be interested. Ma'salaam. -Ur brother/bhaya in Islam  Smiley

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009 01:13 AM »

wsalam wrt wbt,

cool bro... very doubtful they will let you bring electronics in there including cell phones or cameras, but u could always try. even if you don't we'd love to hear how it was and what obama said!! ps good idea to bring gov't id...one time i went somewhere 'official' it was required.

ws
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2009 02:03 PM »

As-salaamu alaikum all - Just got back frrom seeing President Obama make a speech here at the Prague Castle ( the largest castel in the world and a beautiful setting as well). Once again, a well-done speech and many promises - for instance a reduction of nuclear weapons production proliferation in the next four years - you'lol here about this in the news. He also bought up, how that in the recent past, much of what happened today would not have been possible if people hadn't given up on the dream of an independant Czech Republic and that in the same light or manner, that world has to stand up to those who say the world can't change again. Of course, he also talked about how North Korea, who earlier today had launched (and apparently failed) in their rocket launch and how we need to stand firm agsints those who refuse to follow along with the goal of reducing weapons and that America would stand against these nations and assure its allies (such as the CR) that it will be there in support in any case they are threatened. Anyways, it was a great experience, there were many American's and people of other English-speaking nations and of ocurse, many Czech's who were bery proud when the Pres. brought up one of their famous patriots, whose statue stood behind where Obama was speaking from. It was a beautiful day as well, in the 60's with the sun shining and what a beautiful setting as well. Though I went early with some friends, we were some distance away, as the front portion was reserved for the "VIP's" but we were still at the front third of the public crowd, so it was well worth it, though at times my view was obstructed when people put their camera's up to get a shot or two, but it was great to be there, after seeing so many gatherings at other locations, both before and after the US election. I hope to see him back in the States as well, insha'allah, but this was a good start!
I'll post some pics soon, later today insha'allah. And some video as well :-)

Ma'salaam for now :-)

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2009 02:07 PM »

Video of Speech

http://tv.muxlim.com/video/uHZ00eNqJtJ/President-Obama-Speech-in-Prague-Excerpt/

http://tv.muxlim.com/video/Gd_6q4FkMfE/President-Obama-Speech-in-Prague-Excerpt-2/

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 06, 2009 02:51 AM »

Great job reporting bro  computer

I think Obama has the toughest job in the world, not only at home but trying to change the image of the US around the world. Every country he goes to is thinking: US talks about non-proliferation treaties but never signs one, the US talks about human rights but look at Guantanamo, the US talks about the environment but refuses to sign environmental treaties, the US is talking about the world not closing its borders but it was the one that started the financial crisis, and so on...

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Apr 07, 2009 06:17 AM »

Some pics:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: