// 21 Suggestions for Success
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I praise God who hath set me free, and made / For me a dwelling in the heavenly heights. / Ere now I was a dead man in your midst,/ But I have come to life, and doffed my shroud.'- Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 21 Suggestions for Success  (Read 4744 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Mar 31, 2009 07:41 PM »

I bought a poster of this over 10 years ago for every one of my coworkers back then  -
You could almost start a new disccusion/thread on each suggestion (Maybe I will, if you guys are cool with it ... after the school of saree jurisprudence, of course!) It's nice - and simple...

thobebro
   UBAB

21 Suggestions for Success

1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

2. Work at something you enjoy and that`s worthy of your time and talent.

3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.

5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.

6. Be generous.

7. Have a grateful heart.

8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.

9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.

10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.

11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.

12. Commit yourself to quality.

13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.

14. Be loyal.

15. Be honest.

16. Be a self-starter.

17. Be decisive even if it means you`ll sometimes be wrong.

18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.

19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you`ll regret the things you didn`t do more than the ones you did.

20. Take good care of those you love.

21. Don`t do anything that wouldn`t make your mom proud.

By H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2009 01:16 AM »

ws,

these are like all islamic values.... maybe we should put a hadith up that corresponds with each of the things!!
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2009 04:32 AM »

ws,

these are like all islamic values.... maybe we should put a hadith up that corresponds with each of the things!!

Exactly!

Wow, never thought of linking hadith to these - thank you for that suggestion sister Jannah. That would really make these suggestions really special.  Grin

Sorry guys, I'm closing down the school of saree jurisprudence (okay, only for now) and working on this instead (inshallah).

Any suggestions or leads to any hadiths that we could link this to would be appreciated.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2009 05:50 AM »

Here's a few that come to mind bro:

1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.[/color]
- Hadith about 4 reasons to marry and that deen is the best to be successful (in life).

- Hadith about time being

- Hadith about being generous and smiling as charity.

- Hadith about whatever good or bad that comes to the believer is good for them.

- Hadith about Allah forgives those who forgive

6. Be generous.
- Hadith about Ras saw's generosity esp in Ramadan.

- Hadiths about being grateful to Allah.

- Hadith about the ummah is a brotherhood whatever happens to one is felt by the others. Hadith about we are mirrors to each other.

- Hadith about ihsan.

13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect.
- Hadith about life of this world compared to the next.

14. Be loyal.
- Hadith about Ras saw's love for Khadija.

15. Be honest.
- Hadith that the Muslim cannot be a liar.

16. Be a self-starter.
- Hadith that a deed that leads to others goods adds up to ur good deeds.

- Hadith that an imam's fatwa even if wrong is rewarded.

- Hadith about day of J everyone will run from everyone.

19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you`ll regret the things you didn`t do more than the ones you did.
- Hadith about ppl on the Day of J regretting their life.

- Hadith of the shepherd taking care of it's flock.

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2009 11:13 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Excellent list Br UBAB but I'll throw a curve ball and suggest the most important one of these is actually #11 and not #1.

It's funny how that one is tucked away right in the middle.

As for its hadith, I would go fo the Hadith Qudsi which says that a believer draws closer to Allah by performing obligatory duties and then nearer still by performing voluntary duties.

I bought a poster of this over 10 years ago for every one of my coworkers back then

What was their reaction out of interest?

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2009 03:14 PM »

Here's a few that come to mind bro:

1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.[/color]
- Hadith about 4 reasons to marry and that deen is the best to be successful (in life).

- Hadith about time being

- Hadith about being generous and smiling as charity.

- Hadith about whatever good or bad that comes to the believer is good for them.

- Hadith about Allah forgives those who forgive

6. Be generous.
- Hadith about Ras saw's generosity esp in Ramadan.

- Hadiths about being grateful to Allah.

- Hadith about the ummah is a brotherhood whatever happens to one is felt by the others. Hadith about we are mirrors to each other.

- Hadith about ihsan.

- Hadith about life of this world compared to the next.

14. Be loyal.
- Hadith about Ras saw's love for Khadija.

15. Be honest.
- Hadith that the Muslim cannot be a liar.

16. Be a self-starter.
- Hadith that a deed that leads to others goods adds up to ur good deeds.

- Hadith that an imam's fatwa even if wrong is rewarded.

- Hadith about day of J everyone will run from everyone.

- Hadith about ppl on the Day of J regretting their life.

- Hadith of the shepherd taking care of it's flock.

Mashallah, Allah (swt) has blessed you with the soundness of memory for hadiths. Thank you, this is a great start!
Thank you.

thobebro
   UBAB

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2009 09:23 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Excellent list Br UBAB but I'll throw a curve ball and suggest the most important one of these is actually #11 and not #1.

It's funny how that one is tucked away right in the middle.

As for its hadith, I would go fo the Hadith Qudsi which says that a believer draws closer to Allah by performing obligatory duties and then nearer still by performing voluntary duties.

I bought a poster of this over 10 years ago for every one of my coworkers back then

What was their reaction out of interest?

Thank you Br. Khalid for the lead for #11... their reaction was great - we were in the middle of a major pharmaceutical manufacturing expansion project at that time which meant many, many long hours. My co-workers were part of an engineering and construction team that came from all over the world so I got to meet many great people and basically had to grow up very quickly, as I was the youngest member of the team.

The top five suggestion they agreed with were as folllows:
#1 was the most important in their opinion, then #2, 17, 18 with the men on the team rounding out with #19 and ladies with #21.

It was an interesting mix of people - we probably would have never met in the outside world. What was nice was that the older men and women treated me like their son, as many of them chose not to have children,  so they would always give me (good) advise and looked out for me. I was young, so didn't do much dawah, but got them hooked on halal hakka-chinese food, which they really enjoyed. Grin

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2009 09:19 PM »

Hadith Suggestion for

Umar climbed up the ladder and into the small room: "I visited Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and he was lying on a mat. I saw down and he drew up his lower garment over him. He had nothing else on, and the mat had left its marks on his sides. I looked around at what stores Allah's Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) had, and saw only a handful of barley equal to one sa' and an equal amount of mimosa leaves in the corner of the room and tanned leather bag handing nearby, and I as moved to tears. HE said, 'Ibn al Khattab, what is making you cry?' I replied, 'O Messenger of Allah, how can I not cry? This mat has left marks on your sides and I can only see what I have seen of your stores. Caesar and Chosroes are leading their lives of plenty, while you are the Messenger of Allah, His Chosen One, and look what you have!' 'Ibn al Khattab,' he answered, 'isn't it enough for you that for us there is the next world, and for them there is this world?' 'Yes,' I said.  :'(

Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2009 05:04 PM »

I love this post. I hope you guys can continue matching up hadith. I am a new revert so I will help with what I can to complete the task of adding hadiths.. Let's finish it. Then I can make a nice design of it and we can pass it to other brothers and sisters, Inshallah. Also it helps me with my non-muslim family, showing them the beauty of Islam and how it provides the best lessons to succeed here and in hereafter

salam Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: