// What dessert should you eat at this summer's weddings!??
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The 'best awareness [ma'rifa] is for a man to have self-awareness. And the best knowledge ['ilm] is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge.' - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What dessert should you eat at this summer's weddings!??  (Read 2541 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 07, 2009 08:25 AM »

salams,

ok so we started talking about this in the chat... i did all the research for you guys...here are the results:

Gulab Jamun
2 ball serving Calories 387

Baklava
55.83/cubic inch
1 piece 334 calories

Kheer
can go from
131 calories to 417 depending on ingredients

Jalaibi
1 piece jalaibi 150 calories

Wedding cake
320 calories

Ras Malai
2 pieces 320 calories

Barfi
1 piece is 100 calories

Sohan halwa
1 bowl is 399 calories

Ladoo
250 calories

Conclusion of Research: Eat whatever you want!!   Grin Grin Cuz it's all gonna make you FAT anyway!!  bebzi

um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009 11:33 AM »

salam

I like your very cheerful attitude.  There is something about weddings that make me not refuse desserts, not that I would normally refuse dessert .  It is the  love and happiness on the  faces of the bride & groom that makes me happy and not care about eating. 

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009 12:10 PM »

salamsmiley
Aww, that must have been a fun chat, darn - stupid (6/9hr E/W) time difference!! Angry
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo jalaibi - I used to eat this a lot when i was younger (when the opportunity was there  Wink) but not so much any more, but as you may guess (not to mention all the chocolate) BABA has a tummy  Embarrassed  Sad

I always though Gulab Jamun looked nice, being round and with its sauce, etc, but then I tasted it and it didn't match its appearance, but if I see some, I usually have a bite or two, so I'm getting used to it.

My family (esp the khala's and mamu's) are crazy about the desserts (all year 'round!), but I guess for them the whole weight issue isn't as a big of a problem as it is for us young guys and gals, but hey, for weddings, its all GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD of course!   Cool

So, whom among us is gettin' hitched this summer??? I'm expecting an invite!!  Tongue Grin

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009 03:45 PM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
What in the world is wrong with you jannah?Huh?
Until now I had no idea how much calories were in those 'foreign' desserts.
Are you telling me 2 little balls are 387 calories?Huh? And something made with rice and milk is 417? Shocked
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss... i like it better that way..... Embarrassed

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009 03:59 PM »

Sr. jannah, I'll have one of each, please...

Btw - Thai Desserts are the bomb!

What Br. Khalid was indicating was either a Deep Fried Banana Dessert or Deep Fried Ice Cream (btw, I just discovered that chat right now, how long has this feature been available?)

Anyways back to the main topic in hand...

Deep Fried Banana Dessert is Banana Dipped in Flour Deep Fried to Crispy served with Honey and Scoop of Ice
Cream.

Friend Ice Cream
French Vanilla Ice Cream covered with home made butter and deep fried to a crispy finish.

thobebro
   UBAB

Enjoy the Pictures...
   hungry

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009 04:12 PM »

Btw - Thai Desserts are the CALORIE bomb! 

:'(

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009 06:46 PM »

Sorryyyyyyy Kathyyyyyyy... but look at it this way, if you know they're all equally fat you can eat any one you want Smiley (and now i know 2 is my limit and to make sure i work it off at the mehndi party the night before!!)

the kheer thing i found is the least fattening IF ppl make it with lowfat milk and less sugar...but if they use cream and whole milk and real sugar and lots of it it just balloons to 417!!

i didn't do research on those chocolate fountains.. that's fruit right... gotta be the winners  hungry

and i do agree that weddings should be a EAT what you want FREE card!!!

after all, we wouldn't want to disappoint the bride/groom Smiley

ppl getting married this summer from the board... hmm that would be abdulbasir, shortyroxrazia & i think there was someone else?

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
What in the world is wrong with you jannah?Huh?
Until now I had no idea how much calories were in those 'foreign' desserts.
Are you telling me 2 little balls are 387 calories?Huh? And something made with rice and milk is 417? Shocked
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is bliss... i like it better that way..... Embarrassed

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009 01:55 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Ignorance is bliss... i like it better that way.....

I agree.

Having said that, these set of pictures really do kind of scare you a tad!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009 03:17 PM »

Scary iindeed BrKhalid - I'm trying to cut down on the icecream and candy, but its hard when you're studying and you just need some sugar to get that extra energy!

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: