// am i ready? Interfaith dialogue
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: am i ready? Interfaith dialogue  (Read 1393 times)
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« on: Apr 03, 2009 12:15 PM »

Salaam alikoum

That i think and believe that making daawa is a duty for me and for each muslim, i am asking your help and advices

may be its the first question asked in open on AW, i will be very pleased if someones join the discussion there particularly sisters, brothers are welcomed too.

The issue is music! 

I dont cease to tell my wife that on AW only women join that she should start learning english language...you may notice that too me dont speack it well.

Thank you

Mohamed

====

Shammy :

Mohamed hope you will be able to answer my question to you, it's in regards to the following from Terry's interview:

One of the difficult facts of coping with Islam and that transition, as a matter of fact, is music- I own probably close to six hundred CD's that I've purchased. A good $4,000 in keyboard equipment, a bass guitar, and I love music. It's a wonderful, phenomenal thing. And to give up music......that's quite a challenge.

Ok Mohamed my question to you is..... When you become a Muslim do you have to give up music?

and if so, then why are there so many Muslim singers and tunes around today? Sorry Mohamed should have said 2?s lol .....some what confused here now 

Appreciate your answer.

Thank you Mohamed, waiting for your reply 

The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said ...."No man forsakes a Muslim when his rights are being violated or his honour is being belittled except that Allah will forsake him at a place in which he would love to have His help. And no man helps a Muslim at a time when his honour is being belittled or his rights violated except that Allah will help him at a place in which he loves to have His help".

I reply :

Thank you Shammy, but since we are at Guantanamo issue, let me remind you that  (Music) was too used to torture detainees… I wonder what was the  playlist?

Yes, the fact is that only some ( a few! ) of the great scholars have allowed music. Its God plan that our life is made a lot more easier because of this difference of opinion.

There is no disagreement among Imams regarding the basic principles of faith, or the pillars of Islam. However, there are some differences among scholars in the collateral issues where there is no valid expressed authority from the Qur'an or Sunnah. In these cases, the Imams were free to work out the rules of jurisprudence according to the understanding and mental capacity of each one of them, which is called "Ijtihad", i.e. the jurist strives hard to the best of his knowledge and intelligence and this differs from one person to another.

Imam shaf'i said i am right with the possibility of being wrong and my contemporaries are  wrong with the possibility of being right. they never considered themselves to be the be all and end all of Islam and always understood their possible incorrectness.

But one should know that Islam is not simply about rules but, more importantly: Both Al-Bukhari and Muslim relate a Hadith on the authority of Abu Ayyub Al-Ansari who was the Prophet’s host on his first arrival in Madinah, that a Bedouin stopped the Prophet (Pbuh) while he was travelling and asked; “Tell me what will bring me nearer to heaven and keep me away from the fire?” The Prophet (Pbuh) answered: “Worship Allah and do not associate anyone or anything with Him. Attend regularly to your prayers and pay zakah and foster your ties of kinship

The following verses are in support of a "music prohibition": 31:6, 17:64, 53:57-62.
YUSUFALI: But there are, among men, those who purchase idle tales, without knowledge (or meaning), to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah and throw ridicule (on the Path): for such there will be a Humiliating Penalty.
PICKTHAL: And of mankind is he who payeth for mere pastime of discourse, that he may mislead from Allah's way without knowledge, and maketh it the butt of mockery. For such there is a shameful doom.
SHAKIR: And of men is he who takes instead frivolous discourse to lead astray from Allah's path without knowledge, and to take it for a mockery; these shall have an abasing chastisement.

YUSUFALI: "Lead to destruction those whom thou canst among them, with thy (seductive) voice; make assaults on them with thy cavalry and thy infantry; mutually share with them wealth and children; and make promises to them." But Satan promises them nothing but deceit.
PICKTHAL: And excite any of them whom thou canst with thy voice, and urge thy horse and foot against them, and be a partner in their wealth and children, and promise them. Satan promiseth them only to deceive.
SHAKIR: And beguile whomsoever of them you can with your voice, and collect against them your forces riding and on foot, and share with them in wealth and children, and hold out promises to them; and the Shaitan makes not promises to them but to deceive:

YUSUFALI: The (Judgment) ever approaching draws nigh:
PICKTHAL: The threatened Hour is nigh.
SHAKIR: The near event draws nigh.

YUSUFALI: No (soul) but Allah can lay it bare.
PICKTHAL: None beside Allah can disclose it.
SHAKIR: There shall be none besides Allah to remove it.

YUSUFALI: Do ye then wonder at this recital?
PICKTHAL: M arvel ye then at this statement,
SHAKIR: Do you then wonder at this announcement?

YUSUFALI: And will ye laugh and not weep,-
PICKTHAL: And laugh and not weep,
SHAKIR: And will you laugh and not weep?

YUSUFALI: Wasting your time in vanities?
PICKTHAL: While ye amuse yourselves?
SHAKIR: While you are indulging in varieties.

YUSUFALI: But fall ye down in prostration to Allah, and adore (Him)!
PICKTHAL: Rather prostrate yourselves before Allah and serve Him.
SHAKIR: So make obeisance to Allah and serve (Him).
Finally I would add placing priorities in life, become a whole lot easier when we "Submit to our Creator". Once faith is there, one will realize the beauty of it and would not want to lose it, and for that they will give the world for the pleasure of Allah.

Do you get what i mean?

Allah Almighty says, “They ask you (O Muhammad) what is made lawful for them. Say: (all) good things are made lawful for you.” (Qur'an Al-Ma’idah: 4)

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009 08:44 PM »

as salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah Br. Mohamed,

MashaAllah it seems like you are doing a great job in educating people about Islam, may Allah accept your efforts and grant you tawfeeq.

One of the biggest obstacles for people who intellectually find Islam appealing is the lifestyle changes they may have to make.  I think as duaat we should always try to emphasize beliefs, and not worry about these things (prohibitions and commands that are not related to the five pillars) until much later.  I remember Sh. Hamza giving some really nice advice about this issue, and saying that we should make it very easy for people to come into Islam; this path is wide and we should allow people in, even with whatever cultural, personal or intellectual 'issues' or baggage or practices they may have.  He went on to joke that even if there are people who eat dogs, let them come in as Malikis (I believe they permit that!), just as an extreme example of how important it is for us to not be so strict with people, especially in the beginning.  This is actually the Sunnah of Allah, if you consider what ayaat were revealed first (almost entirely about 'aqaid and beliefs) and what came later (more rulings on social issues and prohibitions).  And even with alcohol, we see such a gradual approach in its prohibition.  There is a quote of 'Aisha (radiAllahu anhaa) I believe that says if alcohol was prohibited in the beginning no one would have stopped drinking, but since it has been prohibited after peoples hearts have become attached to Allah and His deen, people submitted wholeheartedly to this ruling.

Now here we see that music is an issue on which there is a difference of opinion - so the question arises - would it be possible for someone to be Muslim and not give up music?  I believe the answer is technically yes.  So its on matters like this, in which there is ikhtilaaf that we can be especially easy going, while when it comes to other things (drinking, dating, etc) we can be more strict.  Overall the most important thing is for the person to understand and believe in Allah, His prophets, etc.  Everything else is secondary.  Being a believer is an exalted, noble, and beautiful station - even if one has weakness, sins, or is working on different things. 

May Allah (swt) use you in the service of His deen and guide through you many. (ameen).

wasalaamu alaykum,

Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2009 08:51 AM »

ws Sis Se7en, Ameen

Yes, the The prophet (saw) told Mu’adh when he sent him to Yemen, “let the first thing you call them to be Tawheed.” And Mu’adh called them to tawheed and they asked, “what is tawheed?” he said, “Exclusivity to Allah (swt) in all forms of worship.”

but Net today made that non muslims hear about somethings that even Muslims dont know in details and they go directely to those things like music, beating wife, and all that how women is oppressed!

We there on AW, me as Muslism and her as Christian try to exlplain what is Islam. It is still not so active but there are discussions behind the scene ...

But i am sure with my english i will need long time to convey the full message.

Also i am a man, i do avoid some topics wich are very interresting to be told to western women! Women issue.

I have been asked one day to teach  a lady, Arabic language! i did tell her to join the close mosque since didnt see her on AW...   WAS there a mosque in her town since it was America!!

I am very happy to have met Mohamed via another website. He emailed me and gave my the address of this forum.

I am a seeker of truth and have begun my conversion to Islam. The Arabic is what slows me down. I only speak or know English.

Thank you for allowing me to join this Forum,

Oh i have so much story to tell ...

I realise today, that women should do big effort in daawah!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: