Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Everything I do is for the pleasure of Allah. --Cat Stevens
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tired of being called names  (Read 4461 times)
Anonymous
« on: Apr 05, 2009 06:07 PM »

Why as a new revert trying to learn about Islam, I go to so many websites and hear about what a Western whore I am and should be kept in my place, and I am a white terrorist and all kinds of derogatory things?  This is really difficult to have the right perspective or even feel like being part of an Ummah when everyone hates you, especially your so-called brothers.  The men are the worst.  The Qur'an nor the Sunnah say anything like that except for the 1 man, 2 women and women fill up hell thing, but those are often taken out of context.  Besides, what I have observed, men seem to have hell pretty well covered as well as giving Islam a really bad reputation (Taliban, most of the commentors on the sites).  It all makes me heartsick.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2009 12:39 AM »

salam,

not sure what exactly you are talking about?? if you have encountered some weird men online it's probably best to stay off those sites. visit your local mosque and find some educated muslim sisters that can help mentor you inshaAllah.

ws
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2009 09:39 PM »

salaam

Wow, I'm shocked to hear you've heard what you have!  I would definitely recommend staying away from those sites, and for looking for reputable sites like this one to get some support.  May Allah make easy for you your efforts, Inshallah.  I think it's easy for people to hind behind the internet, and put up crazy things that they couldn't/wouldn/t say in real life.  So I would definitely recommend not taking any stock in crazy statements like the ones you found, especially since you know that they have no place in Islam.

Take care, and stay strong, Inshallah!
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2009 05:29 AM »

tell them they have mental problems and suggest that they should see a psychiatrist. 

that usually shuts them up. 

if the muslims really get to you, tell them they landed into islam only by being lucky through inheritance, whereas you landed in it because you deliberately chose it.  you are closer to the prophet and his companions and they are more like the wayward, conniving 60th generation offspring of somebody who once great, and that they are an embarrassment to all of islam...

anyhow, if you're still annoyed....tell them that if they are sooo cool, and their version of islam is soooo right, what are they doing here in America?  surely, if they really were cool, and they really were right, they would have never left their home countries because those countries (being filled with cool muslims with cool points of views) would be like heaven on earth.

but no! they are here,  so something must be wrong with them and their kin!  then suggest seeing a psychiatrist or at least a therapist to help them deal with their irrationalities and mental illness...!

Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2009 06:37 AM »

The first time anyone called me any of those things would be the LAST time they did.
Why subject yourself to such things. Why put yourself in that position?
Feel free to use my 4 step program,
Forgive them, pray for them,  walk away and then never look back.
One can only abue you if you let them.
BG
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Apr 08, 2009 07:18 PM »

As-Salaamu` alaykum,

In this case, its totally pointless to retaliate and it makes no sense whatsoever, so try doing nothing insha`Allah because you are not—what you are not defending.
Hope this helps.

W`salaam
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2009 07:25 PM »

assalamualaikum

if you really want to have a laugh. 

buy a remote control fart machine

and attach it to the bottom of their chair and use it one them the next time they cause trouble....
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Apr 09, 2009 04:26 AM »

I am shocked you are shocked.
This is what American women were often called.... at least back in my day.
Insha Allah since so many of you are shocked...things have changed.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009 11:51 PM »

Yeah, I've quit reading, responding, or commenting on those sites, they are nuts - lots of nuts in every religion, funny that they always use God as their excuse to spread their hate.  I strictly read the articles because these are very informative sites, especially when I want to get less 'American policy bias'/media bias on the news (i.e. Palestinian and Gaza information).  And yes, I agree, it is easy to hide behind the anonymity of the internet.  Unfortunately, I live very far from anything and everything, so the internet is my primary source of information.  Thank you for the encouragement.
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009 01:16 AM »

For those who wanted to see an example of what I was talking about.  This is a good article about the hijab in the US and the struggle it is to wear it.  If you'll notice the comments, claiming to be Muslim - it is frightening, threatening and downright disturbing.  Otherwise, it is a wonderful and informative site.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1239888860035&pagename=Zone-English-Family%2FFYELayout
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009 06:02 PM »

Changed the title... hate reading that every time i login here.
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009 08:02 PM »

Assalamu Alaikum,

islamonline either needs to moderate its comments or not have them at all. And really, don't take the comments of a raving lunatic on the internet personal, its just that, the comments of a raving lunatic, nothing else.
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009 04:28 PM »

tell them that if they are sooo cool, and their version of islam is soooo right, what are they doing here in America?  surely, if they really were cool, and they really were right, they would have never left their home countries because those countries (being filled with cool muslims with cool points of views) would be like heaven on earth.

but no! they are here,  so something must be wrong with them and their kin! 

Assalamualaikum,

I think that is not the best way to handle such attitude. That will only make things worse. I believe not all foreign muslims in America who were born as muslims talk to American brothers and sisters with such bad words. If you say something that despising others who are innocents, you will start enmity among muslims. I am not an American and I live in Asia. If I have a relative who act badly and talk to other muslim with that kind of words like the ones on the muslimonline I surely would take that person to a psychiatrist. So you have to give a lesson to those who talk to you badly, but don't generalize and don't direct your anger to just random foreign muslims from muslim countries. If you do that, you are no better than those jerks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: