Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The blessing of good company...  (Read 1056 times)
peaceb2u
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
peaceb2u has no influence :(

« on: Apr 07, 2009 02:43 PM »

salaam

Musings...

When I first moved to this town, my husband invited two of his friends and their wives to join us for dinner.  Then the boys left the house for a little while...I can't remember why. Smiley  In their absence, we gals got a chance to talk.  It was my first time meeting the two of them, and sitting down with them, I was struck by how appreciative the women were of their husbands.  I'd always heard about how women just got together and complained about their spouses, but this was the exact opposite...Through their words, you could see the love for the spouses that Allah had put their in their eyes and in their hearts, and I felt so blessed to be in their company. 

Last night, I went to one of these women's houses, and she and her husband hosted me for dinner, and through the night.  Again I was struck by their amazing hospitality, and the sheer barakah I felt Allah put in their home as a result of the love they had for each other, and the love and compassion they had for their guests.  May Allah preserve all their good qualities and reward them for them, Inshallah. Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Sorry....I just had to share...I felt so overwhelmingly blessed to be in their good company that I couldn't contain it. Smiley

Does anybody else have any stories of how they could "feel the blessing" of being surrounded by good people, and/or what effects it had on them?

May Allah continue to bless them in each and every way possible
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009 03:08 PM »

When you watch  "The Colors of Veil"  from the One Nation film contest, about the life and story of Kimberly King (one of the 2008 winners), you can see true love in her eyes and face about 2 minutes into the film - when she looks away from the camera - it would take you a whole romance novel just to describe those few seconds ... you know that they are blessed with each other - because she relating the story about 15 years after the fact.

http://www.linktv.org/onenation/films/view/414

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2009 07:19 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Alhamdulillah that was a nice story Sister.  bro

Good company is probably one of those things we take for granted and really don't appreciate it until we go without.

Generous hospitality has always been a tradition in Islam and long may it continue.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
peaceb2u
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
peaceb2u has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2009 07:03 PM »

salaam

You're right bro... it is something we take for granted except for when don't have it!  I think Alhumdulillah I was able to appreciate the company those last few times because I've recently moved from a booming metropolis, to Booneyville, IL. Smiley

May Allah always provide us with the blessing of good company, and allow us to be good company for other people. Ameeeeeen.  And may He help us to be the kind of hosts that follow the tradition of the Prophet (s) and his most beloved companions.  Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: