Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “It's lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boys, 10 and 11, in court charged with attempted murder (Europe > UK)  (Read 2297 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Apr 07, 2009 08:25 PM »

Do they even know what they are doing?   Huh?
 thobebro
   UBAB

Boys, 10 and 11, in court charged with attempted murder

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5121106/Boys-10-and-11-in-court-charged-with-attempted-murder.html

Two brothers, aged 10 and 11, have appeared in court charged with the attempted murder and robbery of a pair of schoolboys in Edlington, South Yorkshire.

By Paul Stokes and Richard Edwards
Last Updated: 6:34PM BST 07 Apr 2009

The boys are accused of randomly targeting the victims, aged 11 and 9, who were allegedly tortured and burnt with cigarettes.

The two fresh-faced brothers, both under five-feet tall, made their first court appearance yesterday at Doncaster magistrates, sitting as a youth court, and were handcuffed as they were led to and from the dock.

The older boy wore a red England football shirt and his younger brother was dressed in a grey Umbro T-shirt.

Both put their hands up in turn and answered "Yes, sir" when District Judge Jonathan Bennett asked them to respond to their names.

They showed little emotion as they appeared in the glass-fronted dock flanked by two male and one female security officers. Their foster parents sat in front of the dock during the hour-long hearing.

The Crown Prosecution Service had earlier announced that both suspects, who cannot be named for legal reasons, would face charges of attempted murder and robbery of each victim.

The nine-year-old boy was found, barefoot and soaked in blood, walking along a street in the town on Saturday afternoon. He has required three operations at hospital on his arm, which was badly injured.

His 11-year-old uncle was discovered later, unconscious and with his head slashed, at the edge of a pond a mile away. The man who found him thought that he was dead.

He had suffered what were described as life-threatening head injuries when he was admitted to Sheffield Children's Hospital. He is said to be "stable" and improving.

His parents said yesterday: "We would like to thank all the community for their help in finding our son and for all their continued support through what is a very traumatic time. We are hoping that our son will continue to recover from his ordeal and ask that the media would please respect our privacy and not approach our family or friends."

The nine-year-old, who was taken to the Doncaster Royal Infirmary, has had a third operation on his arm, which was seriously injured in the attack.

Both brothers were remanded them into secure local authority to appear before the same court on April 14.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2009 07:12 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Do they even know what they are doing?

The scary thing is, yes, they probably do.

How kids at that age can lose their innocence is beyond me, but that is the reality we are faced with.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2009 01:24 PM »

salam

I've been avoiding this story, but it's very in your face!

The boys were in care which pretty much says it all really. They have no direction, no guidance, no far reaching aspirations or any reason to believe they will be able to achieve high standards in life and end up behaving like this instead.

I don't think they'll get long, they'll be in an out of any secure unit they're in at the moment, as their victims have survived the attack.
Sadly this pretty much sets the precedence to their lives, how does one descend into such debased behaviour.

And ex would like for my girls to end up in care because then he won't have to contribute towards their upkeep...I hope he burns in hottest part of hell, after living a very long life of great sorrow and misery.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2009 08:27 AM »

I hope they get some good guidance and repent. I dont know what they have been through

nd ex would like for my girls to end up in care because then he won't have to contribute towards their upkeep...I hope he burns in hottest part of hell, after living a very long life of great sorrow and misery.

Im having the same feelings! He is not even fully divorced from me and his mom is already looking for someone else.  I cannot help but hope he sees my son and I everywhere, in his dreams , in the day, in the night and remembers us and remembers what he did to us. I hope he doesnt get a moment of peace.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2009 08:06 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

This brings up the interesting question in my mind, what is an 'adult' and when can someone be considered fully responsible for their actions?  In Western law I believe it has customarily been defined as being above the age of 18 or 16, but when things like this occur I think that definition can be called into question.  In accordance to the Islamic legal system, as far as I know, someone would be considered an 'adult', meaning in a state of takleef [legal responsibility] when they have passed the age of puberty and are fully cognizant of their actions.

Sr. Fozia, I mean no offense by the following comments, and I understand that there is animosity between you and your ex-husband and many of your rights have been taken, but I wouldn't make such a duaa against anybody, especially if they are Muslim -- Allah only knows when guidance and repentance may come to a person.  Also you don't want it to be the case that you also stand at fault, for speaking ill of a Muslim or taking away from his rights in any way.  Being the bigger person, trying to be above that and his actions against you is great for you in this life (negativity is not healthy for anybody), and also for your aakhirah.

salaam,

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2009 08:58 PM »

As-Salaamu` alaykum,
I agree with Sr. Se7en,
Whatever humans have done to you, especially your husbands in this case; it's always that they didn't know any better because they could only act according to their level of consciousness. Nobody can act beyond their level of consciousness. So you cannot expect them to have acted beyond a level of consciousness. Cause that's all they knew.

So, forgive them for they know not what they do, because they are unconscious. So when you realize that, you'll naturally forgive insha`Allah.

Take good care & be happy:)
Allah(SubHana Wa Ta`ala) will reward you for your patience sisters.
W`salaam

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
UBAB
Bro

UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2009 09:03 PM »

...but I wouldn't make such a duaa against anybody, especially if they are Muslim...

Muslim or not, we should not make duas against anybody. Non-Muslims have rights over us, they will complain to Allah on the last day that we did not tell them about Islam, and that's a heavy burden we have. Let's make Dua that Allah softens their hearts and gives us courage to talk to them about Islam, inshallah.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2009 01:06 AM »

salam

You know in my normal rational state I wouldn't nor do I make bad duas against people. I've always been of the may Allah give him guidance type.

But when one has been dragged through the courts and suffered and suffered and then suffered some more, and then had to stand by and watch ones children being abused, these are my little girls who I prayed for for six years, my babies I carried for nine months, my little rays of sunshine, my blessing from Allah swt....

It cannot be helped when the heart screams out in anguish.

I'm never going to forgive him. I am in awe of people who have hearts so big as to forgive such transgressions against them.

I'm sure I won't even think of him once this is all over, its not in my nature.

I will try and remember the advice you have so kindly and gently given me here Sr Se7en Sr Siham. Jazakallah for caring.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 10, 2009 06:08 PM »

I'm sorry if I sound to harsh but even my 5 y/o granddaughter knows the difference between right and wrong and
it is not ok to hurt people. These kids arte twice her age, and if they don't get some serious intervention
I fear they will be back in the papers as adults on similar issues and charges.
Did they know what they were doing?  Come one how many children in your community do you know  that would do such horrific things to other children?
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:31 PM »

salaam

I think that its natural for someone to wish bad on someone that has hurt them and hurt their loved ones.  The reason of the hate towards that person is because one hasnt been granted justice. So I know that the dua of the opressed comes true, but I dont know where it says you cannot wish for justice towards the oppressor? The bigger problem is that these men have not asked for forgiveness so what how can one forgive? They feel no remorse or do not understand their wrong. I thnk then naturally they deserve punishment in accordance with Islam.  And I do not c the harm in asking Allah swt to make them suffer or be granted justice like they made us suffer or ask Allah swt to guide them.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:42 PM »

Actually as a  mom who raised her kids alone and a ex who didn't like supporting the children he made
I am reading between the lines here from experience.
Dear Sister Fozia's words show me fear not hatred or ill will toward another.
It just comes across that way when one wonders how they will keep a roof over their
childrens head or food in their bellies. Will there be enough money for school clothes, etc.
To have taken care of a man and give him children only for him to walk away from his
responsabilities is hard on a woman's heart, mind and nerves
 and then to worry about being able to care for ones children in the long run is even harder.
The fear leads to anger when you know than man can help but he chooses not to.
May Allah guide and soften that mans heart.

Editted later cause I don't ever proof read till it's to late  Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: