Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 23, 2014 11:24 PM

News:

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nice QUOTES  (Read 16793 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 20, 2008 06:21 AM »

CRUSHED HOPES

Who restores crushed hopes?
Have faith in God the Omnipotent,
the Eternal, the First and the Last,
who grants life and determines death.
He alone bestows bounty,
and only He can restore crushed hopes.
Have faith, do not lose hope, wait patiently.
He indeed will create a way
to deliver you from your hardships.

-Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani, "Fayuz E Yazdani"
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2008 07:23 PM »

I Beheld Only God!

In the valley, on the mountain, I beheld only God.
In hardship I saw Him by my side.
In ease and well-being I beheld only God.
Like a candle I melted in His flame.
Amid the sparks of the flames,
I beheld only God!

(Baba Kuhi of Shiraz)

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2008 09:37 PM »

Four Keys to the Reality of Faith

Sahl ibn Abd Allah al-Tustari said:

“One doesn’t attain unto the reality of faith until one has four traits:
(1) Fulfilling one’s obligations, in accordance with the sunna
(2) Eating the halal, with scrupulousness
(3) Avoiding prohibitions, both outward and inward
(4) Remaining steadfast on this, until one’s death.”

[Ghazali, Ihya `Ulum al-Din, 2.91]

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2008 06:46 AM »

If you are busy with yourself now, you will be busy with yourself then. If you are busy with God now, you will be with him then -Imam Ghazali

Destiny is the prison and the chain of the ignorant. Understand that destiny is like the water of the Nile: Water before the faithful, blood before the unbeliever. - Allama Iqbal

I seek forgiveness from Allah for my lack of sincerity when I say I seek forgiveness of Allah swt - Rabia Al Adawiyyah
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2008 11:17 AM »

Man has less than thinks of: time, friends, hopes, qualities.

The ways of Allah are wonderful, He had Hell, yet he created India. .

The power of Allah: no sound, no shape, no form. But when it manifests, none can resist it.

Be in the World, but not of the World.

You call me an unbeliever. I shall therefore call you a true believer---- since a lie is best met with one of similar magnitude.

....Shah I, Caravan of dreams, The Octagon Press 1988.

btw how would you interpret / explain the last quote?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2008 07:51 AM »

You call me an unbeliever. I shall therefore call you a true believer---- since a lie is best met with one of similar magnitude.

btw how would you interpret / explain the last quote?

I would say he's saying that someone calls him an unbeliever, kaffir because of his ideas or whatever. But it's a lie because he isn't. So he's going to call that person a "true believer" which is an equivalent big  lie because obviously that person isn't!

maybe it goes along the lines of the saying that if two people accuse each other of being a kaffir one of them actually is?

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #6 on: Apr 09, 2008 04:05 PM »

"Taking means is necessary, and denying that they are effective is necessary. Whoever negates means is denying the Wisdom of Allah, and whoever relies upon means is associating others with Allah.”

[Shaykh Abd al-Rahman al-Shaghouri]

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008 05:47 PM »

Rabi`a was once asked, "How did you attain that which you have attained?" "By often praying, 'I take refuge in You, O' God, from everything that distracts me from You, and from every obstacle that prevents me from reaching You.'"

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008 07:35 AM »

Hamid al-Laffaf said, "We searched for four things in four others and failed to find them there, there, but found them in yet another four things - we sought richness in money but found it in contentment; we sought peace in opulence but found it in poverty; we sought pleasure in abundance but found it in good health; and we sought sustenance in the earth and found it in the sky."

-- From Preparing for the Day of Judgement by Imam Ibn Hajr al-Asqalani
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008 07:20 PM »

The Proper Approach to Debating
By Imam Zaid on 20 May 2008

Imam Shafi’i is related to have said: “Never do I debate a man with a desire to hear him err in his speech, or to expose the flaws in his argument, and thus vanquish him. Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently supplicate, ‘O Lord, help him so that truth may manifest itself in his heart and on his tongue. If it be that the truth is on my side, may he follow me; and if the truth be on his side, may I follow him.’ “
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2008 07:01 PM »

"The spiritual warrior is the one who breaks an idol, and the idol of each person is his ego."

(Imam Abu al-Qasim al Qushayri)

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #11 on: Jun 10, 2008 07:04 PM »

"If you intend to reach Him, see yourself as insignificant at the door of God and be sincere in your deeds."

(Bayazid al Bustami)

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2008 05:44 PM »

"Rabi`a," Hasan asked, "how have you attained such a degree of holiness?"

Rabi`a replied: "By losing in him all that I have attained."

Hasan asked, "How do you know God?"

Rabi`a replied: "You want to know how to know God. I know God, without knowing how to know him."

(Attar's "Rabi`a" )

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #13 on: Jul 15, 2008 03:45 PM »

"A group of men came to Rabi`a in order to test her. They said: 'Virtues and special gifts have been bestowed on men, not women. The crown of nobility has been placed on the heads of men, and the belt of generosity has been tied around their waists. The gift of prophesy has never descended on any woman. What can you boast of?' Rabi`a replied: 'I shall not dispute what you say. Yet women are less prone to pride, egoism and self-worship; they are less liable to think highly of themselves. And they do not so readily exploit others for their own pleasure'. "

[Shaykh Farid al-Din Attar's Rabi`a al-Basri]

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Mar 28, 2009 06:33 AM »

Uthmaan Ibn Affan said:

The believer has five types of Fear:

The first is that Allah may take his faith away from him

The second is that the recording angels may write down something that may expose him on the Day of Resurrection

The third is that the shaytan may cause his deeds to become invalid

The fourth is that the Angel of Death may come to him without warning

The fifth is that this world may tempt him and distract him from the Hereafter.

Fara’id al-Kalam li’l-Khulafa al-Kiram, p278
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #15 on: Jun 18, 2009 05:14 PM »

Bismillāh ar-Rahmān ar-Rahīm

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Your cure is within you, but you do not know,
Your illness is from you, but you do not see.
You are the “Clarifying Book”
Through whose letters becomes manifest the hidden.
You suppose that you’re a small body
But the greatest world unfolds within you.
You would not need what is outside yourself
If you would reflect on ’self’, but you do not reflect.

Sayyidinā Alī Ibn Abī Tālib
(karamAllāh wajhahu)
Cited by Shaykh Sadr al-Dīn Qūnawī, disciple of Shaykh Ibn al-’Arabī, in his book,
Mir’at al-’Ārifīn fī Multamas Zayn al-’Ābidīn.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Sep 27, 2009 12:32 AM »

“Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” -Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn al-Qayyim in 'Madarij as-Salikin'; 1/218)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Dec 08, 2009 07:50 PM »

" Do not loose hope in adversity and complain that Allah singled you out for punishment, remitting others guilty of worse sins.

Your present state could very well be His intent to elevate your spiritual station; or He could just be testing your faith.

Every day that you persevere, you grow closer to perfection. Thus your present despair may be the beginning of an infinite blessing."

Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani (Rahimahullah)
Attia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Attia has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2009 05:07 PM »

Such a beautiful reminder Sr Jannah...thanks for posting these  flowersis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2010 11:34 PM »

A man said to Hasan al-Basri (rahimahullah): ‘People sit around you so that they may find fault with you!’

He said, ‘...People are not pleased with their Creator although He provides for them, so how can they be pleased with another creation like themselves?’

Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries dirt in his water-jug. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit. -Ibn Al-Qayyim.

"In God, there is no sorrow or suffering or affliction. If you want to be free of all affliction and suffering, hold fast to God, and turn wholly to Him, and to no one else. Indeed, all your suffering comes from this: that you do not turn toward God and no one else."

–Imam Al Ghazzali

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." -Theodore Hesburgh
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #20 on: Apr 11, 2010 09:19 PM »

“The heart is either filled with Haqq or Batil, not both, the love of Qur'an and love of Shaytan can not be in the same heart.”

[Ibn `Ata' Allah]

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2010 05:12 AM »

"The Sufi is that person who strives to purify themselves from their awareness in every moment, everything, other than the Truth." - Ahmad Zarruq [The Knower of Allah, The Jurist]

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #22 on: Feb 13, 2011 08:58 PM »

“Let the believer have three things from you: If you are not going to benefit him, do not harm him; if you are not going to bring him joy, do not cause him grief; if you are not going to praise him, do not condemn him.”

–Yaḥyā b. Mu‘āẓ b. Ja‘far al-Rāzī, of Rayy, Balkh and then Nishapur (258/872)

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #23 on: Feb 13, 2011 08:59 PM »

"It is with a word as with an arrow—once let loose, it does not return."

-Al-Amir Abdal Qadir al-Jaza'iri

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #24 on: Jun 07, 2011 05:28 PM »

The world is a shadow: if you run after it, you will not catch it, but if you turn your back to it, it will follow you ~ Ibn al-Qayyim.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: