Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Apr 24, 2014 08:22 AM

News:

A rakah a rakah! My kingdom for a rakah!'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nice QUOTES  (Read 16799 times)
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Jun 08, 2011 10:03 AM »

Ii will not worship my LORD like a laborer, expecting wages from Him - Rabia Basri

Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2011 04:15 AM »

"You will not attain the level that is pleasing to your Lord, except through persevering through that which is displeasing to you." - Imam al-Muhasibi's Treatise for the Seekers of Guidance

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2011 04:16 AM »

"Such is the inclination of weak minds: They judge the truth according to who teaches it, instead of judging its teachers by the standard of truth." - Imam al-Ghazzali

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Nov 22, 2012 10:10 AM »

Imam Ibn al-Qayyim: “If the person goes into the salah and then turns away (his heart turns away, his mind or thoughts turn away), Allah, Ta'ala, says, ‘O My servant, where are you going? To something better than Me?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Nov 22, 2012 06:48 PM »

Poetry From the Lips of a Warrior

When his wife Fāṭima passed away, just six months after our Prophet’s death, ʿAli ibn abi Ṭālib stood over her grave and recited these couplets of poetry:

ما لي وقفت على القبور مسلّما | قبر الحبيب فلم يرد جوابي | أحبيب ما لك لا ترد جوابنا | أنسيت بعدى خلّة الاحباب | قال الحبيب وكيف لي بجوابكم | وانا رهين جنادل وتراب | اكلته التراب محاسني فنسيتكم | وحجبت عن اهلي وعن احبابي | فعليكم مني السلام | تقطعت مني ومنكم خلة الاحباب…

What is wrong with me that I stand at this grave, submissively • The grave of my beloved, yet she sends me no response • To my beloved, why do you not answer our calls? • Do you forget the intimacy of lovers after me? • The beloved said, “And how am I to respond to you— • and I am confined by shrouds and dirt? • The dirt has devoured all my goodness, so I forgot you • And a veil now separates myself from family and friends • So I send you my wishes for peace • The bond of friendship was torn from you and I.”

Source: Unknown
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2013 09:31 AM »

When the lower self [nafs] passes away, its place is taken by the commandment of Allah. When this world passes away, its place is taken by the hereafter. When the hereafter passes away, its place is taken by the nearness of Allah (Almighty and Glorious is He). In His nearness one feels at home and can relax in comfort.

Performing the prayer [salat] will take you halfway along the path, keeping the fast [sawm] will set you at the door, and charitable giving [sadaqa] will admit you inside the palace. One of the Shaikhs has said as much:  "To cover the distance along the path to Allah, you must seek the help of patience [sabr] and prayer [salat]."

Source: Utterances of Shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2013 08:56 PM »

““There is no joy for the one who does not bear sadness, there is no sweetness for the one who does not have patience, there is no delight for the one who does not suffer, and there is no relaxation for the one who does not endure fatigue.””

- Ibn al-Qayyim
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #32 on: Dec 11, 2013 07:31 AM »

Make praying for forgiveness [istighfar] the regular practice of your tongue, grateful acknowledgement ['i'tiraf'] the regular practice of your heart, and quiet calm [sukun] the regular practice of your innermost being [sirr]. Remembrance [dhikr] is first made with the tongue, then it moves deeper to reach the heart. Love comes along, and ardent longing [shawq] moves back out to reach the tongue.

From the book 'Utterances of Shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al Jilani'
anisafatima

Reputation Power: 0
anisafatima is not to be trusted!

« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2014 09:38 AM »

Make praying for forgiveness [istighfar] the regular practice of your tongue, grateful acknowledgement ['i'tiraf'] the regular practice of your heart, and quiet calm [sukun] the regular practice of your innermost being [sirr]. Remembrance [dhikr] is first made with the tongue, then it moves deeper to reach the heart. Love comes along, and ardent longing [shawq] moves back out to reach the tongue.

From the book 'Utterances of Shaikh 'Abd al-Qadir al Jilani'

Dhikr is the only thing that makes a believer closer to Almighty Allah (SWT) and believer gets bestowed by endless blessings of Allah (SWT).
Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2014 06:32 PM »

Imam Abu Hamid al Ghazali says: To advise others is an easy matter, the difficulty is accepting advice since it is bitter for those who follow their own inclinations and desires.

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2014 06:33 PM »

"Live as long as you will, for verily you must die. Love whoever you wish, for one day you shall taste its separation, and do what you will, You will be rewarded accordingly.

" [Imam al-Ghazzali]

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2014 04:07 PM »

"Jokingly or seriously, don't lie, because once your tongue avoids lying, Allah enlarges your chest and purifies your understanding."

~ Shaykh Abd Al Qadir Al Jilani

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2014 04:08 PM »

"The intelligent person’s tongue is behind his heart: when he wants to speak, he first thinks. If [his words] will be in his favor, he says them, and if they will be against him, he does not speak. And the ignorant person’s heart is behind his tongue: when he merely thinks of saying something, he says it, whether it is for or against him."

[Abû Bakr Al-Daynûrî, Al-Mujâlasah wa Jawâhir Al-’Ilm]

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #38 on: Mar 31, 2014 09:01 PM »

Poem of Imam 'Ali, may Allah be please with him—on true companionship:
"Verily, your true brother is he who is really with you;
Who will harm himself in order to benefit you.
And who, when the troubles of time break you asunder;
Will shatter himself to pieces only to gather you together."

Siham
Sis

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2014 07:30 PM »

"If you want to know the religion of a man, do not look at how much he prays and fasts, rather, look at how he treats people."

(Imam Jafar al-Sadiq)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: