// Dad hammers teens cell phone after he gets over $4,000 bill
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dad hammers teens cell phone after he gets over $4,000 bill  (Read 2413 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Apr 09, 2009 10:07 PM »

I say,  WAY TO GO DAD

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_12097656

CHEYENNE — In one month, a Cheyenne teenager sent 10,000 text messages and received about the same — all while her family's plan did not include texting.

That means the family's provider — Verizon — charged them for each incoming and outgoing text message.

The girl's parents, Gregg and Jaylene Christoffersen, thought texting had been disabled, so one can imagine their surprise when they got the monthly phone bill and it asked for $4,756.25.

"It just hit us like a rock, like you're stepping into a bus," Gregg Christoffersen said.

The bill was legit.

Dena Christoffersen, 13, had apparently been sending most of these messages at school. That's more than 300 texts within an eight-hour period every

Gregg Christoffersen was shocked to see his daughter's texting bill. (9News)day for the whole month.
Needless to say, it drew attention away from what she should have been doing: paying attention in class.

"She went from A's and B's one semester to F's in two months," Dena's dad said.

Hours after the enormous bill arrived, Gregg Christoffersen took a hammer to his daughter's phone.

He and Jaylene also grounded Dena until the end of school.

"I felt really bad, and I have learned my lesson," Dena said, with her head down.

Since she lost her phone, Dena's grades have gone up, and the texting is down to zero.

As for the phone bill, the family says Verizon has been willing to knock it down to a reasonable level.

The Christoffersens are asking school administrators at Johnson Junior High School to crack down on cellphone use during school.

See the smashed cell phone at 9News.com.

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:35 PM »

dude I would be mad too but would it be smarter to atleast sell the phone and get a little money since he had to pay such a huge bill!

salaam
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:45 PM »

dude I would be mad too but would it be smarter to atleast sell the phone and get a little money since he had to pay such a huge bill!

salaam

Nawwwwww, I think smashing that cell phone to bits in front of that
irresponsable teenager made a much more valuable impact rather than getting a few bucks for it.
I say WHAT TO GO DAD beat

Have you all noticed I really love this smiley lately lol >>>  beat

It kind of just says it all don't ya think Wink
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2009 08:02 PM »

i think my dad would smash my head if i brought home a $4000 texting cell phone bill.... : )

i think the daughter got off easy....

ps: it actually is possible to get a $4000 cell phone bill if you are roaming in europe and your phone keeps checking every 10 minutes for new email.  so this is not something impossible for idiotic people like me.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2009 08:07 PM »

We can only hope they make her mow lawns, babysit and find a part time summer job to
pay back her parents for the bill.
If it were my sons that had done that they would of been required to pay every penny back and I would not of expected the cell phone companyt to discount the bill, why discount things for people under these circumstances only to raise rates on people later when the company doesn't see enough profit margin?

Jannah can we have a smiley with someone clubbing a cell phone lol beat
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2009 11:26 AM »

salam

Br. Lucid, put your phone on manual email downloads!

Why do people need to text eachother if they attend the same school, she clearly wasn't cheating on tests....if she was she needed to get the text answers of a brighter person.

Pay as you go plans are the way forward with teens with mobiles, you wanna text and chat to the girls sitting next to you in class Roll Eyes you buy your own credit.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2009 08:05 PM »

Jannah can we have a smiley with someone clubbing a cell phone lol beat

We have this one:  cellphone
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009 07:12 PM »

What's the Craziest phone bill you guys every recieved?

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: