Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Alas, poor imam.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'm such a mean American Muslim Lady  (Read 1786 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Apr 09, 2009 10:41 PM »

Ok some of you may get a big kick out of it, some may think I'm crass
but when it was over, I felt kind of proud of myself. And I know that's not good as pride can be sinful.

I had my truck at the mechanics an hour ago and a man pulled up looking for someone, unknown to me this
was the same man who was all over our newspapers as being arrested a few months back for (can't remember exactly) but
something to do with sexual crimes against kids and domestic violence.

He's begins talking to my husband and I about how his wife took his money while he was in
jail and left, (Still I had no idea who this man was and I was wondering why he was telling us strangers all about his personal issues) and as he is talking from the other side of my truck he
keeps getting closer to me as he talks to where he was now less than 12 inches from me and
then while talking does that little (not hard and not as a threat) smacks my arm with his hand
as he is telling us how he got thrown out of the bank today. I then told him, DON'T TOUCH ME, I don't know you,
I don't like a strang man touching me in anyway even though I can tell you mean no harm.
OK now I know maybe I should of just walked away but for those of you who have known me all these years
I have a big mouth and a bad attitude when it comes to stuff like this.
I look him dead in the eyes (I know, should be lowering gaze) and I tell him,
'No disrespect mean but I can tell you why you got kicked out of the bank today, he asks why, I say never mind and he says no, go ahead. I proceed ' Well in the few moments we talked you have moved from other other side of the vehicle to being so close to me, your tone aggravated at the bank and then you touch me, I don't care who you are, if you're not my husband, son, brother or father, I don't want NO MAN touching me'
He then says oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. To which I reply,
'You didn't make me uncomfortable, you pissed me off, I would have no problem with knocking your head right off the top of your shoulder if you made me feel threatend and uncomfortable, but to the average person, that's intimidating and maybe you don't realize how you're coming across. Maybe that's why you got thrown out of the bank'

A few minutes later he announces he is the man who owned an espresso stand where woman dresses seductively
with their tops hanging out.  (as in woman's tops or most of their tops exposed while serving coffee)
I was like  Shocked  and   Angry at the same time and he backed off saying, see, the ugly look.
I said what do you expect, everyone read the paper. He turned and walked away.

Oh and to back up what was my husband doing at that time, lol
When I told this man I had no problems at all knocking his head off his shoulders, my husband backed up
(not as a wimp but as OMG she's going to kill him)
Later my husband whose head was down in the truck engine at the time when the man told us who he was?
My husband later said he didn't need to even look up, he could just imagine the look on my face.

OK Sisters, figured some of you would get a kick out of this story and some would be rolling their eyes Roll Eyes
As would the brothers. What can I say, I am just a MEAN OLD American Muslim woman.  beat

By the way, why do American men feel they need to stand so close to a woman? Or to have to put a hand on a woman who they don't know be it a harmless pat, smack when joking? Placing a hand on a shoulder?
Is it just me or do any of you other sisters get annoyed when someone does or tries to do that to you?
For those of you who watched season one of Little Mosque? Remember Fatimah falling and the radio man trying to help her? Ryanne comes in and says Ohhh Fatimah, you're bleeding and she says no and the man says that's my blood?
I gotta admit Fatimah is my favorite character on Little Mosque.

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009 11:16 PM »

'You didn't make me uncomfortable, you pissed me off

My kinda woman!...That alone should have made him run!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10, 2009 06:24 AM »

'You didn't make me uncomfortable, you pissed me off

My kinda woman!...That alone should have made him run!

100% agreed!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10, 2009 07:53 AM »

salaam alikoum

My experiance over net when trying to contact western made me realise how much bad words they use and i always took that sentence you pissed me off ...I said it may allah forgive me!

i took it for bad words   Is it ??

Believe me, i talked to them that way but nicely and with care since they were very open in talk ...freedom of speech!

plz be patient with me it happen that i dont express my self from first Post!

Thank you

Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2009 04:33 PM »

That sentence would be considered rude and low class bordering vulgar.
It is as close to swearing as a proper lady could say with out getting her "mouth washed out with soap."
If some one has said that - they are just about to go over the edge....
In other words...don't mess with them!

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2009 05:09 PM »

salam

I think the standing too close is a cultural thing.

Where I work the English you can recognise straight away, they stand at arms length, unless you know them and then still maintain a reasonable distance.

I have found myself backed against a wall a few times when people have invaded my personal space like that The french are the worst for it. Once when I was tired and cranky, I said 'Could you stand over there' indicating the other side of the table 'You are invading my personal space, and I don't fee like being terribly helpful...' my defense I was tired!

Most American people male and female maintain a respectable distance, some even call me Ma'am Cheesy I love being called ma'am by Americans with a the soft southern drawl! Cheesy Always go out of my way to help anyone who is polite, and I remember them afterwords too!!!

Anyway, I like that attitude, sometimes you just have to show you're in control, when your too timid to stand up for your right, some people just take that as an invitation to walk all over you. And maybe it made the guy think a bit. He clearly sees women as only objects!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10, 2009 05:26 PM »

That sentence would be considered rude and low class bordering vulgar.
It is as close to swearing as a proper lady could say with out getting her "mouth washed out with soap."
If some one has said that - they are just about to go over the edge....
In other words...don't mess with them!

low class vulgar? SISTER KATHY !!!! Are you calling me a low class vulgar woman? Cheesy Tongue

The man had an air about him and kept approching me step by step.
If you had heard the total conversation maybe you'd understand the reason for my stern words. Angry
Prior to my saying this he told my husband, the mechanic and I how his wife stold his tools when he was in jail, how she cleanned out his account while in jail. How he got irrate at the bank and they had to ask him to leave.
This type personality is very threatening, when the mechanic joked about if his wife ever stole his tools
he'd kill her ad it wad his livelyhood and the man told the mechanic, cool how much do you want to do the job and he reached in to his pocket as if to get cash. I don't think he was serious he was being a jerk.
But he kept coming toward me, a step here and two steps there, he really did make me very angry.
And more so that we are paying a mechanic to fix the truck not listen to this mans garbage.
And when he smacked me on the arm as if it were a part of the conversation it did tick me off.
To me vulgar would of been if I added a couple of 4 letter words into the conversation   Shocked
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2009 05:38 PM »

salam

Anyway, I like that attitude, sometimes you just have to show you're in control, when your too timid to stand up for your right, some people just take that as an invitation to walk all over you. And maybe it made the guy think a bit. He clearly sees women as only objects!

Wassalaam

Yes and toward the end of the conversation when he told us who he was I was   Shocked
after being written up in the paper, arrested and sent back to the state he had been wanted in (Oregon)
for child molesting charges and all I can't believe he was saying who he was, you'd think he would be holdinmg his head in shame. I was worried, he had been kicked out of the bank that day, acted like he did to me, so I went by his old business that someone bought and warned the girl there this man was in town, after thanking me she informed me
he had already been there that day and the police had to be called.

This is a man who tried to make money off a coffee business where the YOUNG girls worked in very skimpy
bikini tops. We're not even a beach area town. I guess the look on my face spoke wonders, after he told us who
he was he saw the look on my face, backed up and said, "see, the ugly face"
I am a mother and a grandmother, what this man did to make money was just a level shy from prostitution.
I had seen his ad for help at the local college and informed them of him being arressted so they took the ad down
(this was months ago and through the college heard other stories about him.)
After I he told us who he was, saying he pi**ed me off was mild.
Had he not left, the mother and grandmother in me may of just told him how I truly felt about him. beat
Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2009 02:12 PM »

low class vulgar? SISTER KATHY !!!! Are you calling me a low class vulgar woman? Cheesy Tongue

Wink Why yes I did... a proper low class vulgar lady...

Tongue i did not want a foreign speaking gentleman to think this was language to use! Lips Sealed

I am on your side.... Sometimes a proper lady's got to do what a proper lady's got to do.....

Mohamed
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Mohamed has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2009 05:41 PM »

A foreign speaking gentleman
, i wonder who is it? Tongue

This made me remember my wife when i gone with her to the doctor before we have had our first children and because there are two rooms for waiting, one for women and other for men.  A man was impatient to wait so he gone on their room to ask sisters to leave him enter before them. You know i did like the way my wife replied him " Hey who did allow you to enter here! " because generaly, women dont put their nikab inside!

I was proud of her, i said at least if absent, i know now how my wife will deal in such bad situation!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: