// Doa
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet. - Plato
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doa  (Read 2152 times)
Anonymous
Doa
« on: Jun 19, 2009 08:13 AM »

Hi

I had lived 41years of my life as a Christian. I'm new to Islam and appreciate some assistance. After solat and before I begin my doa, can I thank and praise Allah for all the blessings for the day? Appreciate if someone could guide me on this.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19, 2009 10:06 PM »

Hi,

Of course you can, You can thank and praise God any time you want using whatever words you want and in English or whatever your primary language is. You can also learn some of the prophetic supplications and praises which are very beautifully phrased or the ones from the Quran that God Himself revealed.

Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2009 05:37 PM »

peace be upon you

assalamu alaykum

Smiley

To be assured of a dua's acceptance, the dua should indeed begin with praise of and thanks to Allah (God). Then we should ask Allah (swt) for His rehma and blessings on the Prophet Muhammad (saw). Then we make our dua. Then we end it with Ameen.

Prasie (Subhanallah), and thanks (alhamdulillah) are a form of dhikr (remembrance) of Allah. Whatever we do, we can keep praising and Him. We are encouraged to do the dhokr of Allah at all times by saying one, more or all of these:

Subhanaalh (Praise to Allah)
walHamdulillah (and all Thanks are to Allah)
wa la ilaha illah (and there is no deity other than Allah)
wallahu Akbar (and Allah is Greatest)
wa lahawla wa la quwwata illa billah (and there is no power to do good and refrain from vice other than from Allah)

and as the previous reply said, you can do these in any language.

Remembrance will gain you merits, and raise your status in the Hereafter.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21, 2009 11:47 PM »

All praise be to Allah.

Congratulations dear sister or brother in Islam.  I am so happy to hear the good about your acceptance of the truth.  Welcome, you are amongst your family now.

Do not worry about the difficulty you are facing in prayer, that is natural for a new Muslim, and do you know:  you will recieve double the reward for your struggling to recite your prayers?  The Prophet Muhammad, pbuh, taught us that there is a reward for every letter of the Quran that one recites, and two rewards for the one who has difficulty reciting it.  So you are doing well.

The actions you do after your prayer are considered optional, and perhaps you are still working on making your five prayers correctly.  Once you have accomplished that, you can learn some of the optional wordings (dhikr) that one can make after their salat.  Mashallah, may Allah make you steadfast and firm on the path of truth, and guide you to His Paradise.

And Allah knows best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: