Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Snow bunny sister says OK ENOUGH ALREADY!!!  (Read 1260 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Apr 10, 2009 06:04 PM »

Remember me??? The one who always posts every year she wants snow and more snow?
Well it is nearing mid April and I say ENOUGH is ENOUGH !!!!!!!
We're due for snow today and tomorrow.
Everytime I plan a trip over the mountains to go see the granddaughters  driving
we get 1 to 2 more new ft of snow  sigh
The passes closed last week-end and the week-end before for avalance control and
due to so many accidents.
How is the weather for you sister in upsate NY?
Yesterday and the two days before we had 70 degree sunny warm weather and now it' in the 30's
and were waiting on snow today.
My poor granddaughter (the oldest) always asks me when I am coming, she told me 2 days ago winter
was over and I had to explain to her that the mountains are so high it snows in them, even when it is not
snowing where she is. Poor child, she really misses me.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2009 09:35 PM »

salam

you still have snow!!! Man I was getting annoyed after a week of the stuff, it's great when it first falls and is white and powdery but the novelty wears off riillly fast when you have to trek through it to work and school!!!

It's April, its spring, the snow should stop!! And those are my words of ermmmm utter uselessness

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009 08:01 PM »

I was complaining to Sister Halima the other day about the 1-2 cm (<1 inch) of snow we had during her visit to Toronto, forget the 2 feet your getting !

Anyways, nothing a good vehicle and a set of snow tires can solve.
The passes closed last week-end and the week-end before for avalance control and due to so many accidents.

What?! Sound like the same thing is happening in different parts of the country - Places near Seatle and the NW have been closing down passes due to avalance control...

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2009 09:13 PM »

I was complaining to Sister Halima the other day about the 1-2 cm (<1 inch) of snow we had during her visit to Toronto, forget the 2 feet your getting !

Anyways, nothing a good vehicle and a set of snow tires can solve.[quote author=Blessedgrandma
What?! Sound like the same thing is happening in different parts of the country - Places near Seatle and the NW have been closing down passes due to avalance control...

LOL I am in WA and all you've been hearing about is where I am.
I am on the east side of the mountains and my granddaughters are on the west side.
I have no problems driving in snow, have driven in almost white out conditions
but when the pass is closed no one is going anywhere.

Alhumdillah we never got that snow they were calling for.
I'm just ready for spring  flower island treeclimb
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009 08:07 PM »

Blessedgrandma, you have been truly been blessed by living by the Rocky Mountains. I don't think people truly realize the beauty of Allah's (swt) creations until they see them.

I have been to the Canadian side of the Mountains, and they are truly beautiful including visiting lakes that are fed from ice and snow all year round and crazy hair-pin roads as you travel up and down the mountains - I ran out of all the duas I knew trying to drive up and down that with a rental car praying not to hit the mountain on my right or go over the cliff on my left...  bropraying

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: