// Alleged Child Killer's Mug Called Insult to Islam (US > MidWest > Chicago)
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Education: The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male or female).' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alleged Child Killer's Mug Called Insult to Islam (US > MidWest > Chicago)  (Read 2625 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Apr 13, 2009 04:23 PM »

It's a sad day for all those involved.. :'(   (Please post better news sources...)

thobebro
   UBAB

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/mugshot.religion.controversy.2.981753.html

Alleged Child Killer's Mug Called Insult to Islam
Nour Hadid Was Photographed With Skimpy Top, No HeadscarfORLAND PARK, Ill. (STNG) ― 

Nour Hadid is accused of beating her 2-year-old niece Bhia Hadid to death over four days in Orland Park.

Aunt Charged In Orland Park Toddler's Death (4/7/2009)

The police booking photo of alleged child killer Nour Hadid released Tuesday is an "insult against our religion," says Hadid's husband, Alaeddin.

Orland Park police detectives say the 26-year-old Muslim woman was treated as any other suspect in a murder probe would be, and they did not intend to humiliate her when they photographed her Sunday without her headscarf and wearing only a skimpy top.

Nour Hadid is accused of beating her 2-year-old niece Bhia Hadid to death over four days at her home on the 9000 block of West 140th Street. The child had 55 separate bruises and was beaten "from head to toe," according to prosecutors, who say Hadid confessed.

But Alaeddin Hadid -- who insists his wife is innocent -- said Orland Park police are "really going to be in big trouble" for releasing the woman's booking photo to the news media after she was charged with first-degree murder.

The Hadids are Muslims and Nour "never leaves the home without covering up," said Alaeddin, who's vowed to sue.

By custom, some practicing Muslim women wear the hijab, or headscarf, and cover their arms and legs when in public.

In the mug shot, a bare-headed and obviously emotional Nour appears to be protecting her modesty with her hands.

"It is against our religion; we do not do this in our culture," Alaeddin said.

"People have been calling me about this all day."

Bhia Hadid's funeral took place Thursday.

Orland Park police Cmdr. Chuck Doll said the mug shot was taken "for identification purposes" before Hadid made her confession. Her headscarf was handed back to her after the photo was taken, Doll said.

"A matron was with her at all times while she was in our custody," Doll said. A matron is a law enforcement official who works with women held in custody. "She was wearing a tank top, and she had the headscarf when she was interviewed."

The headscarf later was taken from her after she made suicide threats, he said.

A sobbing Hadid appeared without the headscarf at the Bridgeview courthouse Tuesday and is being held without bail at the Cermak Medical Center at the Cook County Jail, where she remains on suicide watch.

Police have said her husband's possible involvement in Bhia's death still is under investigation.

Nour Hadid's attorney, Frank Celani, said he hopes to speak with her about the mug shot.

Islamic advocacy groups seem wary of taking up Hadid's cause.

Spokesmen for the Council on Islamic American Relations, the Islamic Society of North America and the Bridgeview Mosque Foundation all declined to comment Thursday.

But Dr. Mohammed Sahloul, chairman of the Council of Islamic Organizations of Chicago, said that while police should follow the usual procedures with all defendants, "they should respect the modesty of the accused."

Sahloul, who made it clear he was not aware of the Hadid case and was speaking in general terms about the hijab, pointed out that Muslim women are allowed to wear hijabs in photos for their state IDs.

"If it's for the purposes of identification and they cover in public, then that's going to be more effective in identifying them anyway," he said.

Former chairman Kareem Irfan said, "It's particularly humiliating because she appears to be in her underwear.

"I don't condone what she's alleged to have done.

"But if it was a nun accused of these crimes, would they treat her the same way?"

Source: Sun-Times News Group Wire © Chicago Sun-Times 2009. All Rights Reserved.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2009 09:19 PM »

I don't mean to sound insensative but when you do something like beat or kill a child
you kind of lose your privilages and rights.
The husband should be worrying and sad about the dead child beat to death
instead of worrying about his alleged 'murder wife' head covering.
I am really one for rights and religious freedom but the issue is the DEAD CHILD and how a woman can do such
a horriable thing, not that upon booking she could not wear hear hijab.
Sorry if I sound to harsh, I don't mean to offend but come on people,
There is  DEAD beaten child and THAT is the issue.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Apr 13, 2009 09:26 PM »

"But if it was a nun accused of these crimes, would they treat her the same way?" 

YES, every female arrested gets searched by a Female guard and gets photographed and finger printed
makes no difference what colour or religion they are or crime committed.
Muslim or not, many woman arrested cry.
How do I know, for a short time in the 80's I was a state correctional officer.
As a young single mother back then I couldn't keep up with the schedual so left the proffession.
(new guards didn't get a reg shift for up to 2 yrs) I hated working days one day, swing another and nights all in the same week.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009 04:36 AM »

ws,

i think we know that someone is 'innocent until proven guilty'. we can't condemn her by saying she has no rights because she killed a child. we don't know that. yes the life of a child is extremely important but there is a reason there is a justice system in the US. that said, she does have the right to cover up and wear clothes in her mug shot as far as i know? it does seem like deliberate humiliation to photograph her in her underwear. also, abuses like these right at the beginning can overshadow everything else, and even if she "is guilty", something like this could make the court throw out certain evidences who knows. it would have been better if the police had been straight and gave her some decent rights at the beginning.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009 05:26 AM »

ws,

i think we know that someone is 'innocent until proven guilty'. we can't condemn her by saying she has no rights because she killed a child. we don't know that.

Yes you're correct, however respectfully, the system is the same for all when arrested, you get photographed, finger printed, searched and such it is the same be it a hooker, a nun, or a Muslim.
Besides can you just hear the public had a photo been released with hijab?
I can hear it now (the public), see they are terriorist, wife abusers and child beaters  Roll Eyes
And wearing hijab for a state ID or drivers license is different from being booked due to a crime.

I don't know why police dept's release photos anyway, seems useless.
And as per the news I don't think that was her underware, it is reported as being a tank top.
Sad regardless, so many women out there lately being accused of hurting or murdering children,
the world seems to be going crazy.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 14, 2009 06:09 AM »

i still don't buy it. when they arrest someone they do allow them to put on some clothes. i've watched COPS enough to know that Tongue they allow them to put on a shirt, pants and shoes. they don't take people in, still in their underwear and barefoot even if that's what they were wearing when arrested! they couldn't do the same for this girl? and a tanktop is underwear, although true some people wear it as outerwear. again she could make a big fuss about this and say it was done on purpose to humiliate her in front of all those male officers and the courthouse etc etc...well within her rights to...and it would take away from the case, so they should have never done it.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2009 11:36 AM »

salam

In my experience the police's treatment of one tends to fit the crime.

If they are convinced from evidence they have seen, that she did have at least a large part to play in the death of this child, they're going to treat her as badly as they can get away with.

She is innocent until proven, but that's my experience of how one is treated by the police. On the other hand the officers may be xenophobes who get a kick out of bullying and mistreating people. Certainly, they're in a position where most people are not aware of their exact rights and will be forced to go along with their demands.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UBAB
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009 03:44 PM »

More Updates...

thobebro
   UBAB

Accused Orland child killer asks for Quran behind bars, lawyer says

(http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1522160,041109hadid.article)

April 11, 2009

BY KIM JANSSEN Staff writer

Accused child killer Nour Hadid asked for a Quran in jail and was provided with one Friday, according to her new attorney, Joel Brodsky.

"Nour had only one request Friday and that was that she be brought an Arabic-language Quran, which the Cook County sheriff's officers have given her," Brodsky said. "Both she and her husband are modest and devout Muslims."

Hadid, 26, is accused of killing her 2-year-old niece, Bhia, by beating and biting her to death over a four-day period ending Sunday.

Police say she gave a video-taped confession to killing the child at her Orland Park home.

But her husband, Alaeddin Hadid, says police humiliated her by forcing her to remove her headscarf for a booking photo, which he said was an insult against the couple's Muslim faith.

Brodsky, best known lately for being Drew Peterson's attorney, said he believed Orland Park police had "deliberately" humiliated Hadid with the photo as part of "an illegal interrogation." He suggested he'd try to have the confession removed from evidence.

Orland Park police said Thursday they followed normal procedure when photographing and interviewing Hadid, who is being held without bail until her next hearing April 30.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

UBAB
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2009 03:51 PM »

http://www.swnewsherald.com/online_content/2009/04/041309rh_orlandpol.php

Posting Date:   April 13, 2009

Orland Park Police Chief defends his department
By RAY HANANIA

Orland Park Police Chief Tim McCarthy defended the conduct of his officers against claims that they may have abused the rights of Nour Hadid, the Arab Muslim woman charged in the murder of her two year old niece.

Ghia Hadid was found dead and a pathology report, which attorneys for Nour Hadid dispute, concluded the two year old died from blunt trauma over a four day period. The baby’s body reportedly had 55 bruises.

But McCarthy insisted the Nour Hadid case was handled not by the Orland Park Police but rather by the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force.

“The reason the investigation was initiated was that a team of experts at the Medical Examiner’s office said the 55 wounds on this little girl were consistent with child abuse. There is no other way these could have occurred other than by the belt,” McCarthy said.

McCarthy said the probe was not conducted by the Orland Park Police but by the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force. Nour Hadid, after two days of interrogation, confessed to the killing.

“The interview of the suspect, at that time, was monitored by the assistant state’s attorney from beginning to end. And finally, the interview was not done by an Orland Park police officer,” McCarthy said during an interview Monday morning on “Radio Chicagoland” on WJJG 1530 AM Radio.

“We assisted. We called in the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force. The interview of the suspect was done by Arab speaking members of the Task Force. In fact one of the members works with the FBI… all of which was monitored by the Assistant States Attorney.”

Nour Hadid’s attorneys, Reem Odeh and Joel Brodsky said they believed that the pathology report is incorrect and that their client was “humiliated” into a position where she falsely confessed.

Odeh said that Nour Hadid had her Hijab removed during the mug-shot booking. The mug-shot showed Nour Hadid naked from just below the shoulders up.

“When someone is booked, there is no police department in the country that allows people to wear a hat, sun glasses like that. As far as the rest of the clothing, it is what the person had on at the time. No more. No less. And that is what is in the picture. The press requested the picture,” McCarthy explained.

Controversy surfaced over whether or not the police humiliated Nour Hadid by forcing her to remove her Hijab. But the Hijab that Nour Hadid wore was not a typical Hijab that simply covered her head. The Hijab she wore was an extended Hijab that covered the upper torso of her body.

With the Hijab removed, she would appear as if she had also been stripped of her clothing, a view confirmed by Amani Ghouleh, who is the publisher of the Arab Horizon (al-Offok al-Arabi) Newspaper and who has closely monitored the situation.

“Everyone is innocent until proven guilty,” Ghouleh explained.

But she added, “Her Hijab when the police came, was a long Hijab that covered her head and shoulders. It is more than just a Hijab it is outer wear,” Ghouleh explained.

Ghouleh said that McCarthy does have “great respect” in the American Arab and Muslim community, but noted that McCarthy did acknowledge responsibility for releasing the photograph. She said the police should have used discretion to only release an appropriate photograph, not one that was so revealing.

While McCarthy and Odeh will square off on the issue of the humiliation and evidence reviewed by the pathologist, rightwing conservatives have been portraying this as a Muslim trying to get special treatment in the United States, a common theme advocated by anti-Arab and anti-Muslim racists.

Nour Hadid is being held without bond. Odeh said she will be interviewing the suspect soon.

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #9 on: Apr 17, 2009 11:46 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

As for a woman prisoner, whether guilty or innocent, she should not be undressed in public.  This is the case whether she is Muslim or not.

Even in the case of War criminals, Islam enjoins that they be clothed and not humiliated.  When Abbas was captured by the Muslims in the Battle of Badr, he was brought before the Prophet, pbuh, poorly clothed.  The Prophet pbuh removed his own shirt, and clothed Abbas.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
blackrose
Sis

blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2009 04:50 AM »

No bail for aunt charged in child's beating death
Recommend (14)
Comments

April 8, 2009
By KIM JANSSEN, Staff Writer

Toddler Bhia Hadid had 55 separate bruises covering her tiny body "from head to toe" when she died at her Orland Park home, prosecutors said Tuesday as the 2-year-old's aunt was ordered held without bail on first-degree murder charges.

Jordanian national Nour Hadid, 26, wept as she was led into a courtroom packed with relatives at the Bridgeview courthouse Tuesday afternoon.
» Click to enlarge image
Nour Hadid (inset), 26, was ordered held without bail today, charged with first-degree murder in the beating death of her 2-year-old niece at the family's home in Orland Park.
(Mary Compton/SouthtownStar)

She wailed as she was led back to cells 10 minutes later, after details of how she allegedly beat Bhia to death over four days at her home, 9016 W. 140th St., were outlined in horrific detail by Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Deb Lawler.

In a videotaped confession made after police found Bhia's "cold, lifeless body" at the Hadid family home Sunday night, Nour Hadid confessed to beating the child "with her hands and a spoon" and to "biting and pinching" her repeatedly since Thursday, Lawler said.

Nour Hadid told police she was angry because her husband, Alaeddin Hadid, had accused her of stealing some money hidden under a mattress and that she also was angry he'd "called her names," Lawler said.

"She took it out on the victim," Lawler said, adding that Bhia had injuries on her face, buttocks, back, chest, hands, abdomen and feet.

Bhia was left in the care of Nour Hadid and her husband by the child's parents - Alaeddin Hadid's brother Jahid Hadid and Jahid's ex-wife Abir - after their divorce last year, Lawler said. Nour Hadid was suicidal and a high flight risk, Lawler said.

Judge William Kunkle examined photographs of Bhia's battered corpse before denying Nour Hadid bail and ordering her taken to the Cermak Medical Center at the Cook County Jail.

He warned Nour Hadid's attorney, Frank Celani, that he almost certainly would not reduce bail at a later date.

Bhia's mother sobbed and lurched forward in her chair as details of the autopsy were read aloud in court.

Sheriff's deputies placed the woman and her supporters on the opposite side of the courtroom from her ex-husband, Nour Hadid and their supporters Tuesday to prevent the high emotion turning to violence.

Relatives held the victim's mother up by both shoulders when she collapsed in the hall outside the courtroom.

An attorney hired by the mother's side of the family, Rouhy Shalabi, said the devastated mother believes "this wasn't an accident."

But speaking outside court, the girl's father said he believed Nour Hadid is innocent.

"I just can't believe she'd do something like this," he said.

Alaeddin Hadid also protested his wife's innocence.

"This is a misunderstanding," he told reporters.

He claimed Bhia had fallen down a staircase at the family home.

"I always told my wife to close the door or one of the children would fall down and she'd end up in jail," he said.

He claimed his wife had "stupidly" not told police about the accident when she was arrested and that, as recently as Friday evening, when the family ate a meal at KFC and took a trip to the mall, Bhia was unhurt.

Three other children living at the couple's home have been taken into protective custody by the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.

It's not the first time one of Alaeddin Hadid's spouses has been accused of hurting children.

His first wife, Samer, was disfigured and three of the couple's children burned in 2003 when she told police she "accidentally" poured gasoline on a fire at their home in Hickory Hills.

Neither she nor Alaeddin Hadid was charged in connection with that case, which has not been reopened, investigators from the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force probing Bhia's death said Tuesday.

Investigators said Alaeddin Hadid's possible involvement in Bhia's death was "still under investigation."

But Orland Park Police Chief Tim McCarthy said that there was "no connection" between the 2003 case and Bhia's death.

Nour Hadid is next due in court April 30.

Kim Janssen can be reached at kjanssen@southtownstar.com or (708) 633-5998.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Apr 19, 2009 08:57 AM »

I find it hard to feel sorry for her. You just don't get bruises all over the body like that by falling down the stairs. Lock her away and throw away the key. Give her an orange scarf to match her orange jumpsuit in jail.

No point of covering up the outside when you have no shame on the inside and can hurt a child who is dependent on you.

May Allah give patience and strength to the family of the child. May Allah unite them in the hereafter.

The woman fits the profile of the femail child killer. She will get what's coming for her--a good amount of prison time.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Apr 19, 2009 07:01 PM »

This is sounding more and more fishy, now it comes out how his first wife 'accidentally' poured gasoline on a fire.
Then this current wife he says had 'stupidly'

Now something seems possibly really weird here or he is marrying some really stupid woman.
One wonders, any chance he is doing things and the wives are accepting blame?
Just a thought that crossed my mine after Sr. Blackroses last post.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #13 on: Apr 19, 2009 09:36 PM »

salam

Women being 'accidentally' burnt to death in kitchen fires, is a very common method of committing murder in India.

Many young wives have been burnt to death by their in-laws and husbands in such a manner when the husbands have tired of them and want to get out of the marriage without returning the dowry or undergoing a divorce which would no doubt expose their cruelty towards their wives.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: