Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going Back Home to Kenya  (Read 1302 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Apr 29, 2009 04:17 PM »

Salaams,

I leave for Kenya tonight, INSHA-ALLAH. It is has been a restful, fun filled and beneficial two months of leave, ALHAMDU LILLAH.

Wish all safety and good health during this scary time of Swine Flu. I was worried that there will be travel ban but ALLAH SWT is GREAT and I can go home!

Halima
Camp East Lansing, MI

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 30, 2009 06:55 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

InshaAllah have a safe trip back Sr Halima.

Here's a story you may be reading about when you get back to Kenya.

Al Fahim invites Obama’s grandmother to Haj

ABU DHABI // Dr Sulaiman al Fahim, the chief executive of Hydra Properties, has offered to take Barack Obama’s Kenyan grandmother with him on the Haj pilgrimage in November.

Dr al Fahim met Sarah Obama on a trip to Kenya last week.

“I don’t have a mother so I asked her how about if she joined me,” said Dr al Fahim yesterday. “I will accompany her if she is willing to go and if she is capable of going because of her age.”

Mrs Obama, a Muslim in her late 80s known locally as “Mama Sarah”, lives without electricity or running water and speaks no English.

She told a leading Kenyan newspaper that she hopes to take Dr al Fahim up on his offer. “I will go,” she told the Daily Nation. “If it’s possible, I will make it.”

Mrs Obama has never been on the Haj, and Dr al Fahim said he would be able to personally help her during a visit to Mecca.

“I have been on the Haj before and being an Arab I can translate for her and show her the area.”

Mrs Obama, who lives in Kogelo, a tiny village near the Ugandan border, was catapulted into the public eye after her grandson’s victory in the US presidential elections last November.

Dr al Fahim and Mrs Obama both work as UN Goodwill Ambassadors alongside the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina Against Malnutrition along with one of Mr Obama’s uncles and Remigo Maradona, brother of the Argentinian footballer Diego.

During his trip to Kenya, Dr al Fahim visited a centre that feeds 120 malnourished children a day and also gives them an education. The children also play in a youth football team organised by Mr Maradona.

IIMSAM promotes spirulina, a protein-rich algae, as a dietary supplement.

“We are trying to found an area free of hunger and I want to go back there again and again,” said Dr al Fahim. “There are many people in Kenya who don’t have support and need help. It is a duty to support these people.”

But the property magnate, who was orphaned in 1998 when both his parents and younger brother died in a car accident, also wants to reach out to families facing hardship in the northern emirates, which are poorer than Abu Dhabi or Dubai.

“You find difficulty in every country,” said Dr al Fahim, who is best known for hosting the reality television programme Hydra Executives.

“There are cases in the UAE, particularly in the northern Emirates, but these people do not go to the media to complain about their situation and stoke attention. So we need to discover these people.”

He and a group of other young Emiratis are attempting to secure patronage for their initiative, which would also see young Emiratis volunteer to help families suffering hardship.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090428/NATIONAL/704279798

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30, 2009 07:09 AM »

What an admirable man and how lovely that the grandmother of obama would be able to go to hajj Smiley may Allah help him in his work to help others.

ws
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009 05:09 AM »

salaam

I agree and I think its good dawah also
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009 07:31 PM »

Shukran BrKhalid!  I am home safe and sound.

Wonderful news about Obama's grandmother. I hope she truly goes to Hajj.

Wasalaam.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: