Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 19, 2014 02:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project advice needed?  (Read 2066 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Sep 02, 2009 08:39 PM »

asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi  wa barakatuhu dear sisters.

I pray that you all recieve this in the best of health and in elevated states of eeman, tawfeeq billah. Ameen.This is the first time I am posting on this board, so I hope you will forgive me if I have overlooked any protocol or adab that is required.

I am also posting as a guest because time is against me and I required some advice and/or suggestions regarding a project that am working on. Together with those much better qualified than myself, I am working to produce a product comprising of solely female artists, one that will be created particularly for women.

I have a few ideas that might make this product unique, the main one being that everything contained in it would be about women and performed by women, whether it be qira'at, translations, poetry, stories/synopses of the lives of women scholars and saints, or ahadith extolling the virtues of women, etc.

My question therefor to you all, is that if you were to recieve such a gift  (let's say it was in the form of a CD), what would you really like to see (or hear) in it that you would find particularly inspiring and beneficial as a muslimah?  Also, if you were to present this as a gift to a lady who did not practise her deen, or even to a new or young muslimah, what would you look for in such an item as to determine whether or not you would offer such a gift?
I would greatly appreciate any words of advice or ideas and suggestions.

With many thanks for your time, masalaama.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 21, 2009 06:46 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

what an awesome idea mashaAllah!  How is it coming along?

I don't know if you've heard the series on women by Dr. Umar Faruq Abdullah, but he has some AMAZING stories of women in Islamic history in there, that I found very inspiring.  I remember one story of Khawlah bint al-Azwar, the Black Knight, that I mentioned at a few talks I gave later on and every time I told it people were caught by it, amazed and inspired by it.  That might be something nice to include Smiley

salaam,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: