// Breaking up the news into categories?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The Qur'an guides you to the recognition of your illnesses and to their remedies.Your illness are your sins, and your medicine is seeking Allah's Forgiveness.  - Qatadah
Poll
Question: Should we make new categories like UK/Europe News, MidEast/Africa News, Asia News?
yess - 3 (33.3%)
nooooooooo - 4 (44.4%)
i just woke up and haven't drunk my tea/coffee yet - 2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking up the news into categories?  (Read 3496 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 06, 2009 05:30 PM »

This was suggested awhile ago, breaking up the news categories into areas because there seems to be so much of it. I kind of didn't want to do it because then the board becomes news focused & a reprint of yahoo news or something when we want to focus on islamic or interesting stories that can relate to us, and what about all the other categories and our interaction and support of each other!! But maybe just for organizing's sake we should?

What do you guys think?

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2009 07:16 PM »

salaam

I dont think so because I think the board is already divided into too many small categories.
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2009 09:07 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum All,

Just wanted to state the reasons why the World Section of the Ummah News & Society Center (UN&SC) should be split into a few more sections:

Ummah News & Society Center is by far the largest forum, almost 50% larger than the next largest forum.

Within it, the largest sub-forum with over 1200 posts is World Section, which, if a forum by itself, would be the 2nd or 3rd largest forum

The World Section of the UN&SC form will continue to outgrow any other forum as 99.3 % of the Ummah lives in "the World"

It's kind of difficult to nagivate through the over 20 pages of post when trying to find something.

Finally, by splitting the World section into logical splits, this may allow the grouping of common issues by geographical areas (Example, European Muslims are facing a specific issue over say middle eastern Muslims)

Note - only the World Section within the Ummah News & Society Center is being requested to be split - No other boards/forums require/need to be split.

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009 10:38 PM »

wsalam,

I pulled out two new categories Canada and UK/Europe and made a sub category in US News about the election into Obama current news. I think since the board is in english and most of us from western countries it makes sense like that.

ws
danz
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
danz has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2009 07:08 AM »

salammm... i'm.. backkk.. Wink

if you hv to do it ... then why not (for the asian part)get some members frm asian countries to collect infor anything regarding muslim issues to share..or learn...

When some blessings come to you, do not drive them away through thanklessness....Imam Ali (a.s)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: