Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ideas for Gifts for One Yr Olds and New Baby!???!:)  (Read 3664 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: May 01, 2009 09:18 PM »

Asalamualaikum

My nephew has turned one and Im going to visit him soon. What should I get him?Huh?

My sister is also going to have another baby when I get there and we dont know the gender so what should I get???

JazakAllahu Kair!!!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009 05:17 AM »

wsalam,

for 1 year old: clothes are always good, like cute outfits... if you go to marshalls or a place like that you can find some really nice good quality things
you can also look for some fun educational toys, there's tons of stuff at any toy store, just look for the age appropriate labels

for new baby: since she already had one and you don't know the gender clothes are out... maybe something more interesting like a camera or an electronic photo frame... you or they later can put both babies' pictures in there and the lcd keeps changing it's really cute Smiley

blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009 05:13 AM »

Tell me specific toys and stuff please:)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009 01:16 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
I like giving this book with an outfit (size 6-9 months) :
Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5  by Steven P. Shelov, Robert E. Hannemann

As far as toys, I love the Kick Gyms. The better ones will grow with your child.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009 03:23 PM »

as the khala, you totally shouldn't get clothes (unless you are giving an outfit in addition to something else).

how about something functional like a diaper bag ... bottle sterilizer ... a sling ... one of those growth charts that they can stick on a wall and then take with them even if they move ... they have some really nice ones now, and i find it makes a lovely momento.

what about the baby einstein series?

Smiley congrats, btw
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009 06:26 PM »

as the khala, you totally shouldn't get clothes (unless you are giving an outfit in addition to something else).

how come? how can any khala resist all those adorable clothes in the stores for kids? Smiley

my nephew almost 1 absolutely loveees this toy. he plays with it everyday and uses it to practice standing up so i think it's good for him too:

http://www.etoys.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3109734&cp=3487980.3496939

someone gave my niece this little people funpark carnival thing with a ferris wheel and she liked playing with it...

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Little-People-Musical-Ferris/dp/B00008PVZ7/ref=pd_bxgy_t_img_b

although for a girl i'd recommend some kind of dollhouse with furniture...we had this huge barbie multilevel one on our porch with various furniture and dolls and she'd be out there for hours...

and i remember having those little people sets as a kid...adorable... i think we had the farm one! the garage and the airplane look cute too Smiley

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=900000&e=storethumb&pcat=fps_toddler_lp_toys

UBAB
Bro

UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009 07:10 PM »

My Nephew got the a toy similar to the Fun Cube - the one he got is different it can break down and become a flat board, and it's made of plastic. It's compact and all the blocks can be stored inside.

Here is the listing from Toys R Us:

Features
Bead-play station is easy to remove and store

Product Description
The Fun Cube features 5 activity-packed sides for your baby to explore. The bead-play station features textured, traveling bug beads that slide and spin. Turn wheels on the caterpillar and watch his legs dance. Spin, dial or push the activity butterfly to activate lights and music. A shape sorting ladybug helps teach colors and shapes. Your baby will be engaged for hours with this great interactive toy.

Language: English
Manufacturer's Age: 12 months - 3 years
Our Recommended Age: 12 months - 3 years (details)
Shippable to Quebec: No
Batteries: 2 AA batteries are required (included)

SKN Number: 432431
Product UID: BDAD442C
UPC/EAN/ISBN: 773554520163
Manufacturer #: 152-016

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009 02:28 AM »

salaam

Im not giving clothes to the one yr old bc there are too many really nice clothes of my sons that he didnt wear much that Im going to give her.

actually my sister gave the einstein dvds to my son when he was little so I can also hand that down to him..

Yah the kick gym is good but he already has that..

Just One you gave me an idea.. like since her boy will only be thirteen-fourteen months old when she has the baby, what do you guys think about that stroller that carries two people

anyway Im welcome to alot more ideas

thanx
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009 03:52 AM »

It's fun to virtually shop for toys.. Smiley

Here's a nice list from Parents.com

http://www.parents.com/fun/toys/kids/

I sooo love this. I'm gonna buy it for the kids in the summer iA...

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-753800-WaterWheel-Play-Table/dp/B000641DPQ/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009 06:12 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

My nephew has turned one and Im going to visit him soon. What should I get him?

Hmmm...maybe ask his father since *some* dads tend to play with their kid's toys more than they do  Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009 07:22 AM »

salaam

jannah I think ne kid would soo love that toy..

that blocks cube looks interesting

I also need idea for a toy for another one yearl old Im going to send to my friend. But shes very strict.. no music, no faces type thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: