Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single muslim man is in want of a muslim wife.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket IPL  (Read 1248 times)
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« on: May 07, 2009 02:21 PM »

Slm, i'm just curious to know if anyone is following the IPL games?
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009 12:00 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

You know a few years ago we used to have a few cricket enthusiasts but am not sure where they all went  Huh?

The same can be said for all those basketball fans and those basketball threads we used to have. Isn't it playoff season at the moment  Huh?

Ahhh well....I hope the cricket down in SA is exciting. I've heard from a few people down there that it's been put on really well.  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009 03:20 PM »

The same can be said for all those basketball fans and those basketball threads we used to have. Isn't it playoff season at the moment  Huh?

I'm a huge NBA fan and though my team lost in the first round about two weeks ago, I still follow the games via highlights. The last cricket I watched was the 20/20 final between India and Pakistan about a year and a half ago.

So if there are any b-ball fans left, let me know!

desibro
BABA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009 08:46 AM »

We are quite elated to have been selected for the hosting of the IPL... (more so as we were in pre-election mode too Smiley   I'm curious as to whether the Indian players had a chance to vote?  I know the big wigs took a flight back to India to vote.  Where voting stations set up for them at the embassies i wonder..)

Tickets are sold out, although we were restricted to the seating arrangements as most of the covered arenas were pre-booked for the Indian Nationals ahead of time.

South Africans do love their sport.  We are about to host the Confederation Cup (June 2009)  as a run up to the Soccer World Cup 2010.

Rugby is also a favourite here too. I must admit i do not follow Rugby but here in Durban we cheer our Sharks team on...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: