Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 19, 2014 06:06 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hijab Question  (Read 2708 times)
salma
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
salma has no influence :(

« on: Apr 12, 2009 04:12 PM »

Salaamalikum,
I was asked by a Social worker/case manager/ whatevertheycallthemselvesnow about my Hijaab. The scene played like this, doc I have this question to ask you and you have my permission to slap me if you want to ( guy is oooollllld), I was like what is it? and he asks me why I wear that. Now my usual answer has always been for modesty and because God asks us to ( threw in an example of wouldnt you like to guard your diamond etc etc), I came home and told this to my husband who disagreed with me and told me that I should've told him because it is written in the Quran to do so.
I am sure this has been discussed before, if anyone has the link please post it.
 salaam
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 12, 2009 06:42 PM »

wsalam,

we did have this discussion before i think, but i think it's really up to the person how they say things sometimes... 'for modesty' is most understandable but it's true we do it because it's "in the Quran" and we believe that the 'Quran is a revealed text from God'...but we don't want to give the impression we just do things blindly because 'God said so'... it's kind of hard to go into a whole religious sermon on faith and wisdom and action so i think it's better to explain things to someone's understanding. someone who has more in depth knowledge of islam you could explain more in detail. i'd bring up nun's habits as an example of the gentleman is older.
timbuktu
« Reply #2 on: Apr 12, 2009 09:39 PM »

peace be upon you

The answer you gave is also right, because modesty is the reason for hijab given in the Quran.

In general, why Muslims do something or abstain from something is because of Divine (or the Prophet's) orders, and in obeying the Prophet (saw) we obey Allah (swt) as He has directed us to do so.

So the best answer always is because Allah has directed us.
salma
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
salma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009 02:54 AM »

Jazakallah for the replies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: