Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Madinah at the time of the Ottomans  (Read 1070 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2770

I heart the Madina

« on: May 04, 2009 06:43 PM »

During the time of the Ottomans nothing was allowed to be higher than the holy green dome out of respect to Rasulullah saw
and you'll note that there is a rectangular courtyard similar to the Great Mosque in Damascus. There's just something about actually entering a Mosque and being in it's courtyard cut off from the rest of the world, kind of within a spiritual shelter and somehow closer to the Divine.

What they are building now is definitely incredibly beautiful and modern... and yet..........

http://www.al-madinah.org/madina/index.php

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 06:51 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

There's just something about actually entering a Mosque and being in it's courtyard cut off from the rest of the world, kind of within a spiritual shelter and somehow closer to the Divine

A case of the outwardly physical dimension being able to help and assist with the inwardly spiritual dimension.

Attached are some recent photos someone sent me of the Masjid in Madinah. Those who haven't been recently will see some changes.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: