// Foundations of the Spiritual Path - Sidi Ahmad Zarruq
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Knowledge is of two kinds: that which is absorbed and that which is heard. And that which is heard does not profit if it is not absorbed. - Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foundations of the Spiritual Path - Sidi Ahmad Zarruq  (Read 6066 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: May 06, 2009 11:58 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Those of you who have listened to the CD series ‘The Poor Man’s Book of Assistance’ will recognise much from the following attached article:

Foundations of the Spiritual Path

By Sidi Ahmad Zarruq

Translated by Hamza Yusuf

I’ve highlighted just one paragraph below since I think it’s especially important for us in these modern times when there is so much ‘noise’ around us.

.. I say that being content with the self,

persisting in disobedient acts,

and abandoning awareness of Allah,

are the foundationsof all illnesses, tribulations, and pitfalls...

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 01:21 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
Excellent post. Jazak Allahu Khyra

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009 06:55 PM »

I just got the Poor man's book of assistance after listening to Hamza Yusuf. Great quote brother, it real makes me think.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
Muhammad1990
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2011 05:22 AM »

Great, Jazak Allah khyra
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2012 10:24 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

For those who may be interested, a brother has recently posted the CD series on YouTube (I know sometimes people find it difficult to get hold of the original CDs).

Whilst I would recommend everyone buy the original, if you can't, then definitely worth listening to these if you are interested in tazkiyah.

Part 5 which includes a discussion on making a sincere taubah and the ways we can avoid falling back in to wrong actions is applicable to all.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: