Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for a carnival game  (Read 3499 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: May 17, 2009 07:08 PM »

asak
We had a fair for the kiddies, this weekend, for a fundraiser for our school.
My game was a real success, so I thought I would share it with you.

It was about Prophet Saleh (as) and the camel. I had two posters one with the story and the other as a tee hee- Camel crossing. I have the story stop short after the camel comes out of the mountain...because it is a kiddie carnival!
Attached is a picture.

This is how the game worked. After I made sure the kids knew the story, (or dramatically told the story) they would take one of the mountains and open it up. If there was a camel in there they won! Every 'mountain' had something in it- small toy- so no one left with nothing.

The "mountains" were made with a balloon, and home made paper mache (garbage bags, water and flour). The kids used protective eye ware and archeological tools from one of Ali's little toy sets.

The tri board scene was painted by one of our 16 year old Muslimahs. (I can't even draw stick figures!) I had play sand in a painted box at the base just for decorative look and donated the sand to the school after the fair. I further set the scene by using a brown table cover and covered the front of the table with mountain like stones (aka- paper bags).

It was a very popular game!
Here is the story if you want to do this:
Allah swt was very good to the people of Thamud.
He swt gave them many gardens filled with fruits and flowers. There was a blue river running through the land. There were very tall mountains all around the valley they lived in.
Allah swt made the people were very strong. They could carve beautiful houses out of the mountains which were made of stone.
Sadly, they forgot the teachings of Prophet Nuh (as) to be good and to only worship Allah swt. They started to worship idols instead of Allah swt. They forgot that Allah swt gave them everything.
So Allah swt sent them another Prophet to teach them to be better.
His name was Prophet Saleh (as). He told them to stop worshipping idols and to worship only Allah swt. He told them to be good and nice to their friends.
The people did not believe that he was a prophet. They wanted him to prove it by showing them a miracle. They wanted the mountain rock to split and a beautiful camel walk out of the opening. If they saw this, they would believe he was a Prophet.
Prophet Saleh (as) asked Allah to show the people this miracle.
All of a sudden, the rock split and a beautiful camel walked out of the mountain!!
Allahswt gave the people a miracle!!!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009 02:07 PM »

asak
I added the story to the first post.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print