// Pregnant at age 66!!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a person whose devotion is in need of devotion. - as Sousi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pregnant at age 66!!!  (Read 1442 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: May 18, 2009 05:13 PM »

A 66-year-old expecting her first baby stirs outrage and wonder on the Web.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1073247

Phew! And I thought my friend and colleague who wants to have a baby at 41 is crazy!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009 11:49 PM »

salam

I wonder how she'll be physically after giving birth, and in late pregnancy.
Must say I've seen pictures and the mother does not look 66.

Having said that, I personally feel fertility treatment should not be given to women who have reached their normal menopause, I mean older women obviously who've reached a natural menopause.

There's got to be a very good physical reason why there's a natural cut off date for our bodies to cease having children.

Having said that, I can completely understand, how the desire to have a child can become all consuming.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009 11:30 PM »

I like what the woman said about this in the news,
It's no ones business and is something that is between her and her child.\

Remember we always talk about Allah's will.
If this were not meant to be would Allah not allow it?
Although I could never see myself doing something like this, isn't this between her and Allah (God).
Couldn't Allah stop this if it were his will to stop it?
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009 12:28 PM »

Stepping out on a limb here:
Personally i think she is being selfish. While no one knows how long they are going to live- her life is winding down.
 :'( My mom died @ 42- I have lived a life without a mom- it's tough for a girl not to have a mom- there is a big hole there and her grandchildren have not had the benefit of a grandmother.  :'(

By having a child @ 66 she is almost guaranteeing a motherless child, statistically.

However, I will end this keeping in mind BG's comment with an   oldshaykh "Allahu Allum."

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009 05:25 PM »

salam

Also I think the God will step in to prevent us doing wrong is not how it works.

We have free will, we know the right and the wrong, and we are given free reign (to a point), in which to excersise it.

Why did she wait so long to have a child though? It's going to be so utterly exhausting for her.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009 05:57 PM »

ws,

tricky questions... i mean should nadia suleman be having 8 babies after 6 babies as a single mother when she can't support them. then is it ok if she can support them then it's no one's business? is it ok if she doesn't take any welfare money and just donations?

what if the 66 year old mother always wanted to get pregnant but was never able to except now. what if she made contingencies about everything like if something were to happen to her. what if she is a "young 66" like someone in her late 40s and early 50s. i think oprah is 50 or something. can we say she is not allowed to have a child? not even adopt. life expectancies for women is older for women. what if it's about 75/80 could be even more. many mothers die young too so does that mean if your life expectancy is lower (like possible history of cancer in ur family) you shouldn't be allowed to have kids...

ahhh!!??? can't say if there is a right or wrong answer here hard to think about...i dunno... guess all these modern advances are going to mean a lot more ethical quandries!!!
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009 05:03 PM »

Consider this: what is the age difference between you and your parents, ~ 20-40 years?

Now, how many of you, when growing up,  have said,  "Man,  my parents are too old and they don't understand me or what I am going through?"

At the same time, Allah (swt) granted Sarah a boy at a very senior age, Isaac, who became a prophet. So Allah (swt) has given us an example of a older women who could raise a pious child.

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009 05:39 PM »

salam

The thing is though, would it even be biologically possible for this lady to have her own child.

After menopause the ovaries do not have any eggs left, unless my biology is completely wrong. So the child she's carrying isn't of her own eggs and she doesn't have a husband either, unless I mis-read that article.

Wassalaam

UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009 07:13 PM »

So the child she's carrying isn't of her own eggs and she doesn't have a husband either, unless I mis-read that article.

My bad, Thanks Sr. Fozia for pointing that out...

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: