The following words are displayed outside a college in Gulbarga, India:
In short, a life which fully represents all aspects of human existence and combines all that is best and noblest in terms of sentiments and behavior is the life of the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him)-the highest standard for everybody, in all times and places.
1. Supposing you are a rich man, you have an ideal to follow in the merchant of Mecca and the treasurer of Bahrain.
2. If you are poor, you must emulate the example of the internee of Shahab ibn Abi Talib and (later) the guest of the people of Medina.
3. If you happen to be a king, you had better acquaint yourself with the biography of the Sultan of Arabia.
4. If you are a commoner, learn a lesson from the conduct of the subject of the Quraish.
5. If you are a victor, think of the commander of the battles of Badr and Hunain.
6. If you belong to the vanquished, seek inspiration from the events of the battle of Uhud.
7. If you are a teacher, let the guide of Suffah [the Bench] be your ideal.
8. If you are a student, conceive of the one whose guide was the archangel Gabriel.
9. If you are a preacher, listen to the sermons of the orator of the mosque of Medina.
10. If you wish to spread the message of truth, remember the performance of the benefactor when he was lonely and helpless.
11. If you succeed in establishing the power of Islam and overpowering your enemies, think of the role of the conqueror of Hejaz.
12. If you want to build up your business and improve your lot, follow the example of management set by the owner of the lands of Bani Nuzair, Khaibar, and Fidaq.
13. If you are an orphan, do not forget the beloved son of Abdallah and Aminah.
14. If you are a child, recall the childhood of the ward of Abdallah Saadiyah.
15. If you are a judge, refer to the life of the arbiter who entered the Kaaba before sunrise and fixed the black stone at its proper place
Then, wherever you may be and whatever state you are in, the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) is indeed the light which can illimunate your life.
This sign provides an array of contemporary and hadith-based ethics.