// Tips on how to pack
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tips on how to pack  (Read 1623 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Jan 23, 2008 11:40 PM »

asalamualaikum

Im moving and I need some serious tips on how to pack, Im not sure im doing a good job of it

thanks,
your sis
mary
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008 01:55 PM »

After moving many times, I found that it helps to work a room at a time, number the boxes and make a list.

For example, in the kitchen.  I would start packing a box and mark it on the outside KITCHEN #1.  On a pad I would write KITCHEN #1 and list the items in the box (casserole dishes, silverware, mixing bowls, etc). 

I do this for each room in the house.  Then, after the move, if I am frantically searching for one thing (which box is the small frying pan in???), I can look at my list - see that it is in KITCHEN BOX #3 and go straight to that box.

Hope this helps.  It has worked for me.

Mary  Smiley
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008 03:00 PM »

If you don't need something, or haven't used it in years, then get rid of it or give it away.  No point in taking things to the new place that you will have to store somewhere.  And it will lighten your load!
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2008 02:47 PM »

slm

the sisters have given very good tips Alhumdulillah.  I just wanted to add that you must keep the elec. kettle, mugs, teaspons, sugar, teabags / coffee, cookies etc in one box so you know where to reach everything at once when you want to take a break when you are unpacking the 1st day / night, Insha Allah.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2008 11:22 PM »

Asalamualaikum

JazakAllahu kair for all your tips. so far we only had a chance to set everything in the new place and then go out of town to parents, so now I need tips on how to unpack. I will probably go back next wk and start unpacking.
thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: