Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 24, 2014 10:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Secret of 6-Days Creation  (Read 996 times)
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« on: May 24, 2009 11:08 AM »

The Secret of 6-Days Creation
by Jaihoon

This poem is inspired from a talk with an elederly friend, known since many years, whom the poet met in Madina in March 2009, the city of Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). The friend named ‘Khan’ who hails from Pakistan, had come all the way from the United States for performing Umrah. The topic of discussion was about the creation of world by Allah in Six Days (mentioned in Quran and Hadith). While the heavens were made in two days, the earth and its provisions were created in 4 days. The old friend, who had thrice seen the Prophet in dream, explained that the Creator did so to adorn this world for His Beloved Prophet.
The poet is narrating this whole incident to his spiritual friend Tasbih

Tasbih asked me in a dream
About my journey to City of Mim

‘What news do you have
For we lovers what did you save

The thirst of all lovers are the same
Beloved’s absence their only blame

Talk of beloved never bore
Love made their hearts sore

You have quenched yours
Give us a drink to fill ours

To Tasbih I replied
And our hearts’ joy multiplied

‘Under the shade of Green
I met a lover of Yaseen

High in age and wisdom he was
White the color of his beard was

We sat for a cup of tea
Love made his eyes flow as sea

A secret with me shared he
A thing sacred never heard I

‘The Creator made the cosmos
In days short as two
But this earthly world
Was made in days twice

The reason was of love
Beloved in it would arrive

Lord took more care
To adorn earth for His Dear’

Hearing these words
Watching his tears…

I took the cup from him the cup
And drank little in a sip
For, I too wanted the taste
This fortune was not to waste

O Tasbih!
Mustafa is the anthem of my soul
World sipped Love from that Bowl

His is the song of the nightingale
His is the beauty of the rose

A glimpse of his blessed face
Enough to be the guest of paradise

Ridwan has been in long wait
To see Mustafa cross his Gate

O Tasbih! His love is my token
My hope when to hell am I taken

O Tasbih!
Mustafa is the anthem of my soul
World sipped Love from that bowl

Notes

Green : The Green Dome

Yaseen : Another name of Prophet

Ridwan : The guardian angel of Paradise

Creation

“Say: “Is it that ye deny Him Who created the earth in two Days? And do ye join equals with Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds.” He set on the (earth) mountains standing firm, high above it, and bestowed blessings on the earth, and measured therein all things to give them nourishment in due proportion, in four Days, in accordance with (the needs of) those who seek (sustenance). Moreover, He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: “Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly.” They said: “We do come (together), in willing obedience.” So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.” (Fussilat: 9-12)

… it is said that Allah created the earth in two days and then put its provisions in it, thus altogether four days and He created the heavens in two days. Thus the total number remains six without any inconsistency in the words of Allah.

It is important to remember that the words ‘yaum’ and ‘ayyam’ (day and days) are not used in the Qur’an always to mean a 24-hour period. The day could be as long as 1000 years (Al-Hajj 22:47) or 50,000 years (Al-Ma`arij 70:4) or more.

We should not say that Allah created the Heavens and the Earth in 6 X 24 Hours. Only Allah knows the length of the days of His creation. However, there is a Divine wisdom in mentioning 6 days and this, it seems to us, to indicate order and gradation in the creation. It also points to the power of Allah as well as His Mercy that He gave His creation this time. Everyday of the week we should thank Allah and at the end of the week we should express even more thanks and plan for the next week.

The Qur’an, however, has rejected the idea which is mentioned in the Bible that Allah created the Heaven and Earth in six days and on the seventh day He took rest. Allah says in the Qur’an: “We created the Heavens and Earth and that which is between them in six days and no fatigue touched us” (Qaf:38)

Source : http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503545886

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: